Audio precision is arriving tomorrow!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This reminds me of an ongoing discussion at my house:
Geek vs Nerd
I prefer the term Nerd as it implies an affinity toward the technical. My dictionary says the word was first used in Dr. Suess' If I Ran the Zoo ..."single-minded or accomplished in scientific pursuits".

Geek, it says, is "an odd or ridiculous person. 2) A carnival performer whose show consists of bizarre acts such as biting the head off a live chicken."

So Ozzy is a "Geek". We are just a bunch of "Nerds". Hope this isn't disappointing news to anyone... :shock:

Maybe I'm a geek for actually looking this up in the dictionary!
Charlie

it arrived!!

AP.jpg

now I have to wait until tomorrow for the interface card to show up... UGH!

welp..

I popped the lid hoping that perhaps there were a few extra options installed...

no go :\

it was a nice pipe dream for a bit though

I might have scored a DCX module... the guy who has it will be letting me know if he wants to sell it over the next few days...

Man, Steve, you need to warn a guy before you post pics like that! I went into momentary shock :shock: thinking that I had somehow arrived back at work. :razz:

Seriously congrats on your purchase. DCX is a nice piece of gear, but I'd rather spend money on a good Fluke meter like an 87 or better.

Peace!

im leaning towards the DCX module to aid in automated cell matching :)

oh and no it doesnt have mariocart.... its the older model that comes with pong...

the best part is that blue led... man that led is just sweet!

Boy Steve,

That is really gorgeous. Use it in good health. But get out every so often.

:thumb: :thumb:

[quote author="Scenaria"]im leaning towards the DCX module to aid in automated cell matching :)[/quote]Ya, I know where yer going and we'll get there, I just am thinking there's another path to yer goal.

oh and no it doesnt have mariocart.... its the older model that comes with pong...
:sad: Dude, none of my machines came with any games...
If you were to make a fair comparison on the processing power, this machine would at least be up to "Gran Turismo", I think. You'd have to go back to System One for "Pong"! :wink:
And btw, if you are checking for additional filters, you gotta remove the bottom cover. :grin:

the best part is that blue led... man that led is just sweet!
You are easily amused, Steve :razz: Now, if it had a glass jewel like a Fender amp...

Peace!
Charlie

Back