Audio Precision Portable One DualDomain, recall/save problem. HELP!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

essence25

Hello everyone,

I recently aquired a P1DD and discovered the save/recall function does not work.

Upon pressing the save/recall button the LCD screen inverts and nothing happens. It just inverts the screen, pressing again it inverts back. No save menu is presented.

The user clock/date once set up it does not stay after power off and also it does not increment while power is on, which is weird.

The last measurement is saved after power cycle, that I can confirm, but not time and date.
There is a small board inside towards the front of the unit which has a 4 pin RTC ic and a battery. Battery reads 2.5v and it does not charge(charging circuit problem?). If another battery is added in parallel it does take a charge from the other battery but as soon as the second battery is disconnected the charge begins to drop and stabilizes at 2.5v.
While battery shows 2.8v being charged from the temporary battery the save function still does not work.

After completing a sweep, if I press recall/save screen inverts, returns me to main panel menu and slight corruption is observed around that screens displayed values. To clear I cycle screens by pressing panel button.

Has anyone seen this type an issue with Precision One portable or ATS-1 meters?
It almost feels like the software crashes when pressing that save function.

I don't believe a bad battery can cause something like this.There is a second battery on the main-board and that measures 2.9v and appears to charge fine.

ALL SELF-TESTS PASS

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20161001_012502_003.jpg
    20161001_012502_003.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
Thanks Duke,

That did not solve the issue. This is a loss of functions that were there before. Perhaps a programming issue or eeprom issue. I noticed the printer options are missing in the setup menu, only IBM Graphics is available and there were PCL Laser and Epson. The non DualDomain model uses the save/function button for screen inversion, for some reason mine has defaulted to that.

Where are the meter's internal features and software options stored? how can I get those options reprogrammed? Anyone here that seen a unit loose its features?

Problem has been solved, it was the small battery/eeprom board. Found spare parts and fixed it.
It was the whole board, battery was fine.

mj07wo.jpg

2w36ypf.jpg

God, I hate then verification system on this forum...

I'm glad you got it fixed. I should have remembered that it had 2 cells. The last time I worked on a Portable was 2003/5 before I left Audio Precision and moved back to CA.
Duke :) :

Latest posts

Back