Audio Precision System Sys1, 2 &2c USB Interface

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's another guy out there that is making a USB to APIB interface.  It's been going on for a couple of years, and I don't know if he's perfected it yet, but it's worth a Google........
The Sound Logic works great, but you have to have a computer that will run Win98 SE, the real thing, not a virtual machine.
Best,
Bruno2000

Hi Bruno
Yes, we have been working on this project.  This works with XP3, Win 7, 8 & 10.
If you are interested in the control of AP System One, System Two or System Two Cascade using USB see www.Sound-Logic-LA .com

The pilot run is in work,

Duke :)

This is where I read about the interface.  The guy's screen name is UDOK.  Some very interesting reading in these pages.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/equipment-tools/257894-audio-precision-system-sys1-usb-interface.html

Best,
Bruno2000

Audio1Man said:
Hi Bruno
Yes, we have been working on this project.  This works with XP3, Win 7, 8 & 10.
If you are interested in the control of AP System One, System Two or System Two Cascade using USB see www.Sound-Logic-LA .com

The pilot run is in work,

I'd love to have a go at it.  I have 2 Sys 1s, and a Sys 2.  The Sys 1s are running Soud Logic interfaces, and the Sys 2 is on a PCI card.  I'd love to get rid of those old computers ! !!
Best,
Bruno2000

Rochey said:
Is the original AP software compatible with newer OS's? (e.g. win7)

I'm running the original on XP with the pci card.  Have not tried Win7 (if it ain't broke..........)
Best,
Bruno2000

I have a similar setup, but as a general purpose "Lab PC"- my PC connected to an AP is a complete HOG.
Slow. Sluggish etc.

I think a $150 laptop would run rings around it.

Rochey said:
I have a similar setup, but as a general purpose "Lab PC"- my PC connected to an AP is a complete HOG.
Slow. Sluggish etc.

I think a $150 laptop would run rings around it.

My "lab" PC is dedicated to the Sys 2.  I have another i7 machine running W10 for everything else.
I have a friend that I bought and re-furbed a Sys 1 for.  He runs the Sound-Logic on a $40 laptop under Win98SE.  Works great.
YMMV
Best,
Bruno2000

ApWin 2.24 runs win 95 to Win XP3. It will run under Win 7 Professional, Ultimate & Enterprise in VIRTUAL XP MODE. It’s best for the hardware that’s has Virtual mode support.

Note: The ApWin 2.24 will not work in a laptop as it has no PCI card. Desktop with PCI card it works.
Desktop no card installed it will run in DEMO MODE.

The list of exceptions are to many to list here.
I hope this info helps.

My APIB-LPT kit works well under Non Win NT as Bruno said.

[email protected]

Audio1Man said:
ApWin 2.24 runs win 95 to Win XP3. It will run under Win 7 Professional, Ultimate & Enterprise in VIRTUAL XP MODE. It’s best for the hardware that’s has Virtual mode support.

Note: The ApWin 2.24 will not work in a laptop as it has no PCI card. Desktop with PCI card it works.
Desktop no card installed it will run in DEMO MODE.

The list of exceptions are to many to list here.
I hope this info helps.

My APIB-LPT kit works well under Non Win NT as Bruno said.

[email protected]

Is there any way to run the PCI card version under Win10?  In Win10 there is no longer a "Virtual XP" mode.
Thanks!
Best,
Bruno2000

Rochey said:
hey duke, does your parallel port kit work with a usb-parallel port adapter?

Hi All

I don't think this will work as the address is different and a special driver may be required. I have purchased 2 USB 2 LPT that are bidirectional and will see after they get here.

Is there any way to run the PCI card version under Win10?  In Win10 there is no longer a "Virtual XP" mode.
Thanks!
Best,
Bruno2000
[/quote]

Hi Bruno

I don't have any machine here that are running Win 8 or Win 10 @ this time. I don't like saying that something work unless I try it, unless I have a trusted partner that can verify the condition.

The AP USB adapter is working with Win 8 & Win 10

I will put this on my list of 110 things to do.

Audio1Man said:
Rochey said:

Hi All

I don't think this will work as the address is different and a special driver may be required. I have purchased 2 USB 2 LPT that are bidirectional and will see after they get here.

To the host computer, the USB to LPT adapters look like a printer. You can't bit-bang them like you could do with a real i/o mapped parallel port.

So it won't work.

-a

Rochey said:

Hi Rochey

I did get some USB 2 LPT interfaces and they don't act as direct address as the LPT1 or LPT2.  I used XP3, &  Win 7

I need to look @ the Drivers? Your best is to get a laptop with a built in LPT

Duke :(

Hello All AP Users:
I have more stock of the APIB USB Adapters coming in the next two weeks. There will be 16 ea that will be remaining  from this shipment. Check with me and I will put you on the list.
Duke
[email protected]
http://www.sound-logic-la.com
LinkedIn, Classic AP Audio Systems Group LA

Back