Audiophool Network Switch

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunno.

If they had dLink change QOS settings it's not so different from what MOTU and others are doing. The price isn't even outrageous. Hec, it's even a bit less pricey than MOTU.

Maybe they just put a badge on the case, in which case it's a scam...

Should be easy enough to check if you can get your hands on one?

It’s all in the details

“The technical modifications are found internally within the wall plug transformer and the switch itself. AQVOX replaced the standard rectification components with ultra-fast diodes. They also lavishly refined the board from its usual manufactured remains and by doing so, unwelcome leakage currents from hydroscopic effects between the components are therefore prevented. The switch controller´s peripheral wiring was additionally optimized and important interference provisions against unwelcome, external high frequencies as well as internal jitters were also made.”

Dunno.

If they had dLink change QOS settings it's not so different from what MOTU and others are doing. The price isn't even outrageous. Hec, it's even a bit less pricey than MOTU.

Maybe they just put a badge on the case, in which case it's a scam...

Should be easy enough to check if you can get your hands on one?
If you can't detect the BS you might be the target market.

If they had dLink change QOS settings
I didn't think 'layer 1' soho switches had the ability to be preferential with packets.

Edit: Technically, the D-Link mentioned in this thread is an L2 with factory-disabled 802.1q.

Last edited:
That's why I said "if".

Fortunately, Linus took one apart:

and he agrees, it's a scam. You're right. There's even Illuminati logos inside :cool:

That's why I said "if".
TMI: Appreciated the question. It started a dive into the Realtek chip used on some of these.

Interesting feature:
"The RTL8367RB supports one set of port mirroring functions for all ports. The TX, or RX, or both TX/RX packets of the source port can be monitored to multiple mirror ports"

Since I had a bunch of these lying around years ago, I also tried to find out if something QOS wise could be done. Afaict, there are several generations of that box. The oldest one I had, wasn't Realtek based. Forgot what chip was in it, but it opened up some ways to change some options. However, there was no interface for control. And I ruined the one I had opened up. When I checked a second one, it was a different chip inside, so I abandoned it.

These were nice boxes, because metal and externally powered. The successor was plastic and very small SMD parts.

Thx, Boji. I didn't know some of these ran OpenWRT. Not that it matters, cause the pile is long gone. And I've got some free Alix boards to play with recently, as the university was replacing these with Raspberry Pi's...

Now I just need to find some time... :cool:

EDIT: those are newer than the ones I had (and newer than the audiophool ones).

Latest posts

Back