Auditronics 501 Power Supply Hookup

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CiaoPatsy

I'm in the process of re installing my Auditronics 501 desk in a new studio and I've hit a bit of a wall with the power supply connections. I have Serial #19 and a PS-30 power supply which I'm pretty sure is the earliest they made for the 501s. The power supply has no IEC input for a power cord and I dont have hook up schematics for this model in my schematics.

My question is: Which terminals can I put the AC input so I can turn this on? The board has an On/Off switch next to the echo sends. I know the power supply has worked, because it was hooked up successfully at my old studio....our tech hooked it up and the console was taken out of the room when I was not around so I never saw how the AC was run into the supply.

Here's the info for the 18 point terminal strip on the power supply from the manual.

1 +15V (ORG)
2 15V COM (BLK)
3 -15 (BLU)
4 +15 sense (WHT/ORG)
5 SENSE COM (WHT/BLK)
6 -15 SENSE (WHT/VIO)
7 +24 VDC (RED)
8 24V COM (BLK)
9 -24 VDC (PUR)
10 remote on/off (WHT/PUR)
11 remote on/off (GRN)
12 see note 4 (RED)
13 see note 4 (YEL)
14 +50
15 COM
16 see note 2 (GRN) ... capacitor and 100 ohms earth magic
17 see note 2 another earth ... chassis I think
18 (BARE) and another earth

note 2
in some installations the jumper (terminals 16 & 17)
must be removed to prevent ground loop

note 4
remove strapping (terminals 12 & 13 )
for remote "on-off" operation

notes 1 and 2 are about capacitor and resistor values

Hmmm, not much help there.  It is possible that you connect to some combination of terminals 10-13, but without a schematic or looking inside the unit I would not hazard a guess.  The 18 point terminal strip is the only connector on the PSU?

Back