Auditronics 501 Schematics/Manual Request - Later Version

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikoKensington

Greetings all. I just inherited 12 Auditronics 501 channels with frame "bucket", backplane, and faders. I'm thinking this will be a fun winter/quarantine project. These channel have all undergone some changes/repairs/mods over the years and no two are the same. Therefore, I'd like to get some documentation to see where they might have started.

There seem to be two major versions of these desk modules. The second era having a few minor board revisions in its run. Mine appear to be the later variety, ca. 1979, but not the latest version. Mostly LM301s (some channels partially converted to 5534), and LM709. All have Jensen JE-6110K-A PC input transformers.

I can only seem to turn up the earlier version schematic online. Does anyone have the later version console manual/schematics saved?

I'm thinking of just recapping and switching everything to Signetics 5534ANs and making a sidecar. Maybe some summing, etc.

Hi
I obtained a manual with schematics for the 501 with both 301 and 5534 cards (sn62 and up) about 10 years ago from Nash Audio.

They may be able to help, but if not I'd be happy to share the info I have if they are OK with this

tc

topcat said:
Hi
I obtained a manual with schematics for the 501 with both 301 and 5534 cards (sn62 and up) about 10 years ago from Nash Audio.

They may be able to help, but if not I'd be happy to share the info I have if they are OK with this

tc

Thanks for the tip. I bought some XLR utility PCBs from him long ago. I'll send him PM. Cheers.

Back