Auditronics 501 with gar1731 upgrade .

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvancorduroy

I have a 26 channel Auditronics 501 console which has been completely recapped , ic replaced with 5534,, all tatalums  replaced , new Acopian 15 v 8a power rail .
I have some gar 1731 op amps  that I would like  to trial in the input channel and the perhaps the group output card  as well .
I am looking for some direction  on where in the circuit of the input module  to replace the 5534  and the also which IC in the the  group output card to replace . I have the  dip 8 adapter boards from Collective  Cases which the gar1731 mounts directly  onto , so I was hoping to mount the adapters directly  into the existing sockets on the respective  PCB .
Any recommendations and advice from anyone that has done  DOA. replacement in the input channel or mic pre  and SOS output cards would be greatly appreciated .

The mic preamp and every output stage of the 501 series has a 5534 with a pair of transistors to increase the drive capability of the amp.  Swapping a DOA would involve more than just a socket adapter.

Back