Auditronics PEQ-82 output transformer replacement

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterLarkin

Hello!

I have an Auditronics PEQ-82 that my tech says has "an open winding on the secondary of the output transformer in CH B.  It also appears that someone reflowed the solder on the PCB traces on the output of CH B hoping for that solution to work.The active electronics and filters in CH B test fine, the input to the output transformer is good as well."

So the output transformer needs to be replaced. Ideally I would replace both of them with the same type at the same time.

I can not find any information on the Triad output transformer in the PEQ-82, nor do I or my tech have schematics for the PEQ-82.  I have searched for this information here and other places and have not found anything.

Has anyone replaced the output transformers in their PEQ-82 or has experience with the PEQ-82, or schematics that they would be willing to share?

Attachments

• IMG_0834.JPG
    IMG_0834.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 9
Bummer, those Auditronics rackmount EQs are scarce and cool.  They are the same EQ as the 501 input module.  I am 99% sure that the output is just a 1:1.  Sounds like your tech knows which end of the soldering iron is hot, so he should be able to measure the other transformer to confirm this.  Any good quality 1:1 would be a fine replacement.

mjrippe said:
Bummer, those Auditronics rackmount EQs are scarce and cool.  They are the same EQ as the 501 input module.  I am 99% sure that the output is just a 1:1.  Sounds like you tech knows which end of the soldering iron is hot, so he should be able to measure the other transformer to confirm this.  Any good quality 1:1 would be a fine replacement.

Thank you mjrippe - I'll reach out to my tech again with this information. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back