Auditronics Son of 36 Grand DOA replacement

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvancorduroy

I have a Auditronics Son. Of 36 Grand 501 .I am wanting to replace the op amps in the group and master buss section with DOAs , with something like Red Dot , Purple etc . Can anyone step me through how this IC OP AMP TO DOA is achieved , in particular what adapters I need to fit the DOA to the circuit board when replacing the original op amps .I am also thinking of doing this DOA swop in the input channels . I would be keen to hear about how others have done this .
Dave

jvancorduroy said:
I have a Auditronics Son. Of 36 Grand 501 .I am wanting to replace the op amps in the group and master buss section with DOAs , with something like Red Dot , Purple etc . Can anyone step me through how this IC OP AMP TO DOA is achieved , in particular what adapters I need to fit the DOA to the circuit board when replacing the original op amps .I am also thinking of doing this DOA swop in the input channels . I would be keen to hear about how others have done this .
Dave
I don't think you can use "adapters" because the footprint of a DOA is much bigger than an IC; an adapter would probably conflict with other components. You need wires. Only five, +in, -in, out and +/- rails. The wires must be short! Don't expect much improvement over the 5534's (unless you have an older version with 301's).

Latest posts

Back