B. Spears without Autotune?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rochey

White Market Member
Facebook just threw this up at me...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/08/britney-spears-alien-without-auto-tune_n_5567640.html

Interesting! Apparently it was a warm up session.

there are definitely some areas where she's almost a semitone off, but generally, I've heard way WORSE from some folks I've recorded with. :)

(and then forced them to re-record rather than auto tune).

Assuming this wasn't an intentional promo stunt of some questionable kind, this is unconscionable. As an aritst, I would never again work with those potentially responsible, and as an engineer, I'd probably notice a sharp drop off in bookings...

This is a strange one. I see these things pop up mostly from live performance feeds. Most of the time I chalk it up to having a bad monitor mix. There are some stars who really can't sing. I'm pretty sure Brittney Spears can sing.

Who ever leaked that is toast. I'm totally paranoid about leaks and i don't even deal with much big time stuff. The DAW is not on the internet and I never make copies of anything for anyone. Even close friends. I'll let them listen in the studio if they are curious but no one ever gets a copy of anything unless they own it.

Back