Bad freq response

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you feel? Uncertain about mixing/judging highs, or stereo balance? (It was stereo balance that I had to self-denial for years before getting checked; I'm halfway monophonic.)

Exposure? Age, guns, loud speakers, head infections?

You appear to have plenty of high-droop, typical of older ears or over-blasted ears.

The left ear is not so bad. The 250 Hz dip is odd and may suggest a mechanical problem (fixable). However this is probably no connection to the high-droop. (It may be a bad test.)

Get a Bone Conduction test!! Anywhere above a mobile test screening, bone-conduction should be available. (Don't fret: they they don't drill a bone, they put "earphone" on skin at temple or cheek.) If the BC shows large high-loss, you've got burned-out inner nerves. Fix is unlikely. If you have highs through bone but not through air, problem is between outer ear and inner nerves, there *may* be something to fix it.

Wear protection!! For anything possible! Certainly for mowing, sawing, and other activities.

> Why is the right ear on the left and the left ear on the right...?

The form is filled by the technician, assumed facing the patient.

Another form puts both ears on one graph, but this is confusing.

We don't really care which is which until it goes to surgery.

I try to be careful with hi freq when mixing, my client often complain about tamborine, "hey, that's too loud!.....A: really? i can't hear it  :eek:
The doctor said it's not too bad, yes, i'm 40+, everyday i spent hours listening judas priest, iron maiden, metalica (at hi level) in my room when in the high school, go to the club, sit near the sub woofer  :), playing gitar "very" loud  :eek:

zebra50 said:
Why is the right ear on the left and the left ear on the right...?

Yes, technician perspective....

Back