Bare PCBs for relays - where are they available?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fazeka

Hi all,

I need 4 channels of DPDT relays (12VDC) for a project I'm working on.

I don't want something prebuilt, I just want the PCB.

I suspect there's gotta be someone cranking them out but I'm having the damnedest time finding anyone that supplies just a bare PCB for relays.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Chris

In the case of a DIY project, if prebuilt is not for you (AliExpress is dirt cheap), why not use strip board? It's only four components. Takes 20 minutes and you'd be done. Cheaper also.

True. Just found it odd I can purchase bare PCBs for power supplies but not for relays. Also want something a little more finished/polished looking than strip board. Figured someone in groupdiy-land would have a lead on some.

I think member ungifted used to sell some. He's in Moscow.

Where are you ? Your profile doesn't say. Might want to update for better help.

What type of relay are you using? Signal? Power?

For signal relays I designed something last year. The picture shows a single DPDT type but I also have ones that have 2 and 3 relays on it giving 4PDT and 6PDT. They all turn on/off at the same time.

1655075167648.jpeg

For power relays I have three channel type that I use for the 500 rack power supply (+-16V and +48V). Again three of them turn/on off at the same time if you use the J1 (on the right). Otherwise you can tap directly onto R1, R2 and R3 positions for turning them on/off separately.

For the forth relay I think I have got a single board for the same type of relay.

1655075461360.jpeg

What type of relay are you using? Signal? Power?

For signal relays I designed something last year. The picture shows a single DPDT type but I also have ones that have 2 and 3 relays on it giving 4PDT and 6PDT. They all turn on/off at the same time.
Signal relays.

Cool, would be interested in the double DPDT ones. Do you have a link? I'll check out the White Market...

Yes you can use it with 12V relays. In fact I am just using 12V relays on a system that has 16 channels of our COMPRESSOR ONE on it. The card operates on + -16V but you can change that too. On the system I mentioned above I am using +-8V (for convenience as I have 8V taps on my transformer) . All it requires changing of resistor values.

I cropped the schematic to show the relay wiring. Two nodes are linked. If you do not need these then you'll cut two tracks which is easy to do.

1655112963669.jpeg

I find that I can layout and have fabbed exactly what I want in a PCB for about the same per board price as a protoboard without all the hassle of wiring things up and a much lighter test burden. Of course, if that means learning something like Kicad or Eagle you may not want to go there.

If you're looking to implement bypass I have insert switcher PC boards: Mastering Insert Switcher Assembled and Tested PC Board

Insert_PC_Board_With_Flip_V12-1024x768.jpg

Back