BBE Acoustimax help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thousandyards

Hi everyone....relative newbie here. I was using my BBE Acoustimax for a few years before it stopped passing signal a few years ago. Bought it brand new, it was pretty well looked after. So I popped it open to have a squiz inside and see if there was anything obviously amiss.

There's a bit of oxidation on the solder side of both PCBs - other sides are pristine. The worst of it is on the smaller PCB - 2824 and 2827 in the images.

Would anyone be able to give any advice as to how bad this actually is? I have no frame of reference for it, so it could be unserviceable, just a bit of surface stuff, or anything in between. It's a great little DI/Preamp/EQ that I would love to get back into use!

**EDIT** I gave some of the surface a clean with Servisol Clean and Lube - not sure if this is a good idea, rank stupidity, or somewhere in between!

Thanks all!

Attachments

• IMG_2829.JPG
    IMG_2829.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2828.JPG
    IMG_2828.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2827.JPG
    IMG_2827.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2824.JPG
    IMG_2824.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2823.JPG
    IMG_2823.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2822.JPG
    IMG_2822.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2821.JPG
    IMG_2821.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2820.JPG
    IMG_2820.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 15
More just wondering about the condition of the board and whether it's still ok.
I don't see anything wrong with these PCB's. There is no oxidation, it's just the flux residues.
You may want to clean them with isopropylic alcool, but I don't think it would change anything to the situation.
There is a faulty part somewhere.
Your first endeavour is finding a schematic.
Ther is one here BBE - Acoustimax but I can't vouch for it.

I don't see anything wrong with these PCB's. There is no oxidation, it's just the flux residues.
You may want to clean them with isopropylic alcool, but I don't think it would change anything to the situation.
There is a faulty part somewhere.
Your first endeavour is finding a schematic.
Ther is one here BBE - Acoustimax but I can't vouch for it.
66D4BC6C-438A-48A0-9F14-D701691E0C29.jpegeven this wouldn’t be a problem?

Latest posts

Back