Beesneez Microphones Capsule Fundraiser to help save Phelicity.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veronica Sneesby

Hi all, our 10 year old daughter Phelicity who was born with a serious and rare heart defect, called Hypo-plastic Left Heart Syndrome has become very ill quickly. We have been told that we need to travel to the United States this week in order for her to have emergency surgery and be put on the list for a heart transplant. In order to raise the funds we have some capsules (150), which are made in China that we would like to sell quickly in order to fund our trip and go toward paying her medical expenses. These are not Beesneez capsules, however they are the best of the best that you can get from China and are used by many leading brands. We originally purchased them to have as a group buy for you all and to provide a more economical option, however as timing would have it, we need to sell them faster. There is 100 K47 and 50 K67 capsules, which do follow closely the Neumann footprint and are perfect for the budget conscious. Due to the fact that we need to raise the funds quickly we are selling them for $80 each + $15 for shipping. We appreciate your support in helping to raise funds for Phelicity. We will keep you updated on her progress.

To purchase a K67 follow this link http://www.beesneezmicrophones.com.au/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=112

To purchase a K47 follow this link http://www.beesneezmicrophones.com.au/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=111

Kind Regards,
Ben, Veronica and family

Here is a little pic of Phelicity and this is her facebook page if you would like to follow http://www.facebook.com/ProjectHopeHelpSavePhelicity

Attachments

• sis 5sml.jpg
    sis 5sml.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 54
Hi Veronica

I'm glad to be part of the fund to help Phelicity  :)

I am praying that she may receive the healing grace of the Lord and her beautiful smile continues to shine for many, many times to come.

And that medical care she needs comes her way  :)

God bless

AC

...interesting article about the Sneesbys for those who have so kindly shown support for Phelicity and her family:

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/11/09/caring-for-families.html

Attachments

• Sneesbys.jpg
    Sneesbys.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 65
I really hope this will work out... I wish for strength and faith for the family.

I will definitely purchase two capsules today. I was only planning to start building mics in January, so I have no clue what these capsules could be used for. I have very limited time to start reading on this, anyone able to point out what these capsules can be used for and what the differences are?

Cheers & all the best

Erik

...very interested in purchasing some of these capsules, but I would love to see pictures of them first...are they all brass metalwork or are they the white material used by some manufacturers?...34mm or 32mm?...could anybody please post a picture if they have already purchased either or both capsules...thanks!

Good questions.

I did e-mail Eliza about membrane thickness on the K47.
It's 6 microns (unlike the 3 microns on Microphone Parts' RK47).

I can't imagine these being 32 mm BTW.

micaddict said:
I can't imagine these being 32 mm BTW.

...the brass AK47 6-micron capsule that Dave Thomas uses (which I believe is the same as offered by microphone-parts as their RK7) is a 32mm capsule...a variation of this 32mm capsule is also used in the Blackspade UM17...

http://recordinghacks.com/capsules/#K47

I know and it's not impossible. But since these were offered here for DIY purposes, along with e.g. the discounted body kits and such (that include standard mounts), I can't imagine BeesNeez wouldn't specifically mention it if they were 32 mm.

Also, in the opening post of this thread, Veronica stated that they closely follow the Neumann footprint.

Anyway, Eliza did say that if there were any more questions to please let her know.  :)

micaddict said:
I know and it's not impossible. But since these were offered here for DIY purposes, along with e.g. the discounted body kits and such (that include standard mounts), I can't imagine BeesNeez wouldn't specifically mention it if they were 32 mm.

...yes, and it would make sense that these would be the white 34mm K47 capsules that originate from the same manufacturer where Ben gets his Studio Series PSUs...

micaddict said:
Also, in the opening post of this thread, Veronica stated that they closely follow the Neumann footprint.

...understood, but she also states, "they are the best of the best that you can get from China and are used by many leading brands"...that's what has me curious...having tested a couple of the different Chinese K47-style capsules, I was wondering if these are possibly from a third manufacturer/source (which I also know of)...I certainly trust Ben/Veronica's opinion concerning the quality of these capsules...a pic would be very helpful... ;)

BTW, Dave Thomas had mentioned that he had originally sent an older (34mm) Neumann K47 to the factory to use as reference for constructing what became the brass 32mm variation...I suspect, in order to reduce cost, they modified existing 32mm metalwork...

...either way, the fundraising for Phelicity's benefit is certainly the most important factor...I'd just like a few more details if possible...

...either way, the fundraising for Phelicity's benefit is certainly the most important factor...I'd just like a few more details if possible...

Indeed, but/and extra details will likely help sales and consequently the good cause.

So, who mails Eliza, you or I?  :)

hi all.  just thought i'd chime in here.  the chinese 47 an 67 capsules that we have offered for the group buy are both 34mm capsules.  they spec very well and sound great.  They aren't up there with our aussie made capsules but they are pretty close making them very good value for money.  All of these capsules are made by a very large company in china and even though they are mass produced, they have still managed to do a reasonable job.  they do use the white plastic rings (we have also used them from time to time on some of our other capsules but we always seem to go back to the Brass mounting rings as they seem to make for more even side to side management.  Ben from Veronicas Computer.

Back