Benn Jordan investigates the hum

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's worth it. The hum is something I've been following for years, even when I've never experienced it. You know Benn. He's thorough and he has spend years researching this.

I agree that it is likely multi factorial - sometimes it can be documented/recorded, and many times not. I've had a similar "hum" on and off for a few years - not bothersome - and just put it down to a low frequency tinnitus to complement my higher frequency one, or blood coursing through my veins (not arteries - I can definitely hear my carotid arteries at night lying on a pillow.)

The presenters should learn how to pronounce ototoxicity. But that reminded me of a song I used to listen to and sing along with in the 60's - Otorrinolaringologo. (Spanish for an ENT doc.)

There is one possible cause that's not in the vid. Magnetism due to tectonic activity. That might explain all occurrences. It seems to produce the same wave forms as recorded by several observers.

Latest posts

Back