Best K47 copy, for under 200?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
poctop's stuff?
No Poctop. All capsules are made using similar jigs. Some builders sputter the diaphragms themselves with their own machines. Others send their jigs with pretensioned mylar to industrial vacuum coaters. Or they have sheets of sputtered gold dots made for them, which they tension in their jigs later. The suggestion that you can only make your own capsules if you have a sputtering machine is stupid. Most builders don't have one.

You definitely don't need a big money dedicated facility to make capsules either. This thread makes me want to create a kit just to prove it: backplates, spacers, diaphragm rings, screws, wires, and gold diaphragms in tensioning jigs. A build your own capsule at home kit :cool:

Succeed or fail, at least it'll be fun (and you get your own set of reusable jigs)

I can tell from your number posts that you're active here - why be a troll?
I'm not trolling, Banzai is, and has been for the longest time. Right from the start when he was denying any affiliation with Maiku. Try commenting anywhere anything negative about Maiku, whole hell breaks loose.

This is all he says, she says, so believe what ever you will. I still claim this business model is pure BS and i stand by it.

I'm not making any money out of this forum, Banzai and Maiku are! And not only this one forum.

I also re-skin capsules on a bench. And they work marvelous. That's how i know what can and CAN NOT be achieved by skinning process. What Maiku is claiming makes no sense. And i still claim they don't do any reskin process.

I also measure results, and post all of it here. That's how i contribute to a DIY community. Unlike a number of members here who are all about sales.

Again, Maiku is a great capsule. It's just that it's overpriced stock Guosheng's and 3U audio one.

If small-time capsule makers like Tim Campbell can do the whole process with assembly, gold-sputtering etc as a one-man operation, why should'nt Maiku be able to do the skinning process? Do they really need all those tools you say?

I know that Tim Campbell is a builder, it’s also pretty well know and documented.
I can’t say the same for Maiku company, that’s why I asked. Because it really looks a rebrand from capsules from China, just like Microphone parts. I have no proof of the opposite.

I can tell from your number posts that you're active here - why be a troll?

You re a new member here with very few interventions...
Kingkorg replied in this thread because I enquired on the Maiku capsules, so he was just providing information that was asked and he is a very knowledgeable member as far as microphones and capsules. You re out of the line calling that “trolling” actually here we don’t call a different opinions, information or saying the truth “trolling” we just thank for the added info and opinions. This is not gearslutz

I can not provide proof of what they don't have. I've been asking for a proof on their side which they never provided. I've seen an image of a disassembled generic capsule on a regular work bench and that's it. There is no name behind this company, and all you get is a 3U capsule at a higher price. Guosheng confirmed this via email to me. They make capsules for Maiku.

Thank you so much Kingkorg for your valuable insight and information.
That’s what I felt by seeing the website it really looked like a rebranded Chinese OEM capsule being sold for much more money because it makes a detour in Switzerland. But I was not sure that’s why I asked. Nice to know other people have the same feeling

Not documenting the production/ skinning of the capsules on the website would not be proof. The other known capsule manufacturers do not show this either. For whatever reason, I would do it.

This is not correct, for most capsule makers you can find videos, photos and info on the production process.

Actually sometime ago I did a thread compiling just videos of capsule manufacturing, skinning and assembling of a lot of different companies. You can find the thread in this forum.

It’s a time we have a lot of companies in China building capsules for cheap, some good , some bad, and there’s s lot of western businessman wannabees that want to make profit by buying something from China for 1 and sell it rebranded for 100. I don’t know if that’s the case with Maiku or not.
But it’s really positive and important that we as a community and fellow members talk about it and advise eachother

This thread makes me want to create a kit just to prove it: backplates, spacers, diaphragm rings, screws, wires, and gold diaphragms in tensioning jigs. A build your own capsule at home kit :cool:

That would be cool...

This is interesting, and I for one appreciate these findings. No point in spendind more bucks in thin air. I really like how Maiku's sound, and have been recommending them to anyone I can. So basically Maiku's capsules are what, Guosheng's dark flavored versions of his? Because they do sound darker, smoother at the top than the average asian capsule. I guess I will order from both and compare myself. I do know, if it means anything, the gold sputter color looks different between my M7 pairs and the Maiku k47 and k12 pairs. The tone in the maiku's is darker. Maybe they do the sputtering and diaphragm tension of their own?

My MK-47 with Maiku K47 capsule is far from your description even the opposite. A friend of mind who owns a big studio borrowed it to me for a test, and he's been able to compare it with an old Mic & Mod U47 clone, Oliver Archut's design same as EF-47, with a Thiersh capsule on it, and the winner is mine from far, better linear response and solid bottom smooth shinny highs, and beautiful mids.The one with the Thiersh capsule is far behind, especially in the high frequency range, really darker than mine... Uncomparable. But different mics with different designs, transformers tubes and capacitors. The Maiku is perfect for my MK-47 and certainly not Harsh in any way. I'll be able to test it with an M7 Beesneez capsule, I'll let you know.
I think you misunderstood my post

This is not correct, for most capsule makers you can find videos, photos and info on the production process.

Yes, my statement is correct. Please read again what I have written. I was talking about the relevant websites of the capsule manufacturers. Everyone can check that for themselves by looking at it.

https://www.thiersch-mic.de/en/eindex.htmlhttp://www.timcampbell.dk/index2b.htmhttp://www.3uaudio.com/index.asphttps://beesneezproaudio.com/https://heisermanaudio.com/
None of them shows anything about the production process on their website (and that's all I was talking about), Maiku is no different.

So please do not misrepresent my statement!

"Not documenting the production/ skinning of the capsules on the website would not be proof. The other known capsule manufacturers do not show this either. For whatever reason, I would do it"

Last edited:
I don't see any proof or confirmation of your statement there. The only thing I see is that you are publishing unauthorized business correspondence on the Internet.

Just a reminder, you claim that 100% of Maiku capsules is produced externally in Asia and their business model is "bullshit" and based on deception.

Last edited:
Sue me.
The reply is clear, they use THE capsule in their Warbler mics. And there is no denial of their connection to Maiku. And he offers to sell Maiku capsule i asked for. What else would you like?

Sue me.
The reply is clear, they use THE capsule in their Warbler mics. And there is no denial of their connection to Maiku. And he offers to sell Maiku capsule i asked for. What else would you like?
Why should I sue you? The problem is different, ask the person what he thinks about you publishing his business correspondence on the Internet. I know what that would mean for me.

Sorry, what you have posted does not prove your statement. I think you are harming yourself right now.

Why should I sue you? The problem is different, ask the person what he thinks about you publishing his business correspondence on the Internet. I know what that would mean for me.

Sorry, what you have posted does not prove your statement. I think you are harming yourself right now.
Ok, i deleted the screenshoot. At this point i'm sure nothing will convince a Maiku fanboy otherwise. After all why should i care how anyone wastes their money.

Ok, i deleted the screenshoot. At this point i'm sure nothing will convince a Maiku fanboy otherwise. After all why should i care how anyone wastes their money.
Good decision, still this will stick with you for a long time. And by the way, I'm not a Maiku fanboy, I don't have a relationship or any products from them.

I just have a problem with unproven anonymous accusations on the internet.

A feeling is just not enough, come back when you have proof that fully proves your point.

still this will stick with you for a long time.
I don't see how this could impact me in any way. Not like i depend on this or any other forum in any way. As i said, i don't sell anything here. Not here, not anywhere. If anything the forum might lose yet another true contributor interested in empirical values. No matter what i do though can't stop turning this place into Gearsluts II.

I'm also not surprised that no one wondered about 2500$ USA made fet mic classic that uses 3U capsule of which i provided images. That would i'm sure turn into yet another of my delusions. Even though i provided info of a hidden gem on a plate for anyone reading this forum.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back