Best wishes from Groningen (Netherlands)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arensattic

Dear all,

As requested by the administrator of GroupDIY, a short introduction about myself: I am a retired biochemist who worked for more than 32 years in medical imaging (positron emission tomography) and, before that time, in nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy of living systems. One of my hobbies is the construction of electronic equipment at home (in my attic). Right now, I have the following homemade audio items in use [CD players, cassette decks and FM tuners not listed here]:
1. MC preamplifiers: a design by David Tilbrook (ETI Australia, September 1981) and a design by John L Linsley Hood (K1500 shunt feedback).
2. MD preamplifier: a clone of the NAD3020 phono stage.
3. Line-level preamplifiers: Recent design of myself based on a circuit proposed by Nelson Pass (I published this design in AudioXpress. August 2022, pp.54-58), Elektuur Puristische Voorversterker (September 1988) - without input selection by relays. Tube linestage designed by J.E.Veiset (Norway). Bride of Zen preamplifier (design of Nelson Pass).
4. Headphone amplifiers: Hybrid circuit with battery valves and op-amp output (Oatley Electronics kit), John L. Linsley Hood class A HP amp (built from a Chinese kit), MOSfet amp with current feedback (designed by Knut Harald Nygaard, Oslo), "Torpedo" transformer-coupled vacuum tube headphone amp.
5. Power amplifiers: "DC Double Darling" single ended tube amplifier (design by Jeremy Epstein), Zen Single MOSFET SE amplifier (design by Nelson Pass), Apex A9 amplifier (design by Mile Slavkovic), Audiophile Le Monstre (with normal PSU, not battery PSU). Not homemade: Van Medevoort PA222.
6. Speakers: Audiophile La Petite, Jericho horns, Multimedia speakers designed by myself (with Monacor SPH-60-X drive units).
7. Turntables: Not homemade: Pioneer PLX-1000 with Audio Technica OC30 moving coil cartridge, Sony PS-X-3 with Shure moving magnet cartridge (originally sold by Dual), and, really ancient: Pioneer PL-12D with Audio Technica AT66 moving magnet cartridge.
See also my website: home.kpn.nl/a.van.waarde.
Classical music from all periods has my particular interest, but I also enjoy listening to jazz, folk and blues.
I have a very large collection of ancient DIY electronics magazines and magazine articles, and can supply scans of such articles if anyone sends me a request.

Wish you happy listening.

Best regards,

Aren

Back