Beyer transformer and capsule choice in G7 mic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darock

Hi everybody,

I'm planning to make a G7 using a Tbone SCT2000 as donor.
All the inside from this mic will be removed, and I'll keep the PSU but modded it to have the right voltages.

A friend of mine gave me an old Beyer Dynamics TR/BV 351 105 003 small transformer, which is a 1:5 ratio.

I know that the correct way to make a G7 is to use a 6.3:1. But as my knowledges in electronics are a little bit limited, I just wonder if that will work. I've heard thoses old Beyer were great transformers and I'd like to use mine in this mic.

And, by the way, I wondered too if anyone had experiences with Advanced Audio capsules. Can't make a choice between AK47 and AK12.

Thanks a lot for the help guys  8) 8)

simply try it with the 5:1, can't hurt

The small beyer transformers often sounds fantastic in that circuit

capsule is a matter of taste, and about your trust in their ability to make it sound right. (Tip: it's WAY harder to make a good CK12-type than a good KK47-type)

/Jakob E.

Great !!!!

Thanks a lot Jakob, and by the way,  thanks for the DIY projects you made, too. I already made the G1176 and the GSSL and it's a pleasure to work with theses units.

I'll uptade my G7 project, and go the safe way using the AK47 capsule, and will post sounds when finished

Cheers,

Julien

Latest posts

Back