Beyer transformer and capsule choice in G7 mic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darock

Hi everybody,

I'm planning to make a G7 using a Tbone SCT2000 as donor.
All the inside from this mic will be removed, and I'll keep the PSU but modded it to have the right voltages.

A friend of mine gave me an old Beyer Dynamics TR/BV 351 105 003 small transformer, which is a 1:5 ratio.

I know that the correct way to make a G7 is to use a 6.3:1. But as my knowledges in electronics are a little bit limited, I just wonder if that will work. I've heard thoses old Beyer were great transformers and I'd like to use mine in this mic.

And, by the way, I wondered too if anyone had experiences with Advanced Audio capsules. Can't make a choice between AK47 and AK12.

Thanks a lot for the help guys  8) 8)

simply try it with the 5:1, can't hurt

The small beyer transformers often sounds fantastic in that circuit

capsule is a matter of taste, and about your trust in their ability to make it sound right. (Tip: it's WAY harder to make a good CK12-type than a good KK47-type)

/Jakob E.

Great !!!!

Thanks a lot Jakob, and by the way,  thanks for the DIY projects you made, too. I already made the G1176 and the GSSL and it's a pleasure to work with theses units.

I'll uptade my G7 project, and go the safe way using the AK47 capsule, and will post sounds when finished

Cheers,

Julien

Back