Binson and Korg stage echo in patch

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valco

Hi !

I'm trying to figure out how to get my binson echorec 2 and korg stage echo to work as outboard reverbs in my patch. Does anyone have any experience with this and got any advice? Is reamp box the best solution ?

valco said:
Hi !

I'm trying to figure out how to get my binson echorec 2 and korg stage echo to work as outboard reverbs in my patch. Does anyone have any experience with this and got any advice? Is reamp box the best solution ?

I think you mean outboard Delays and not reverbs since both those units are Delay units.

I use those type of units, and other tape delays all the time in mixing.
I don't find the need for a reamp box but I'm carefull to not send a lot of level into it, so I lower the Send output fader to -16 or -20, I just send more signal into those units if for some reason I want to distort their inputs.

What setup do you have?
Are you connecting them to an analog console or to an Audio Interface (soundcard)?

Well yeah they are delays, but the stage echo is also a reverb. So what I meant is, how to use them as outboard effects.

It's the signal I am trying to cope with. If I should build some reamp boxes with transformers to get the right level into the effects or not?

I am using an Antelope orion with a patchbay

Hi Valco,
no reamp needed, line output from Antelope to unit input, output fader from the DAW at -20 or -16.

output from the unit to a line input on the Antelope

Thats it, have fun

As much as the Stage Echo can drive low impedances (opamp output), the Echorec is lacking in this domain. TheECC83 running at ca. 1mA starts to struggle in a 10k load and the -3dB point is at 100Hz, which is not an issue for guitar, though.
I would add a buffer or DI box.

I think Russell Elevados chain in this video answers my question. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB6kGF13hxA

He goes out from daw > reamp box> Echoplex >DI > preamp

Latest posts

Back