Binson Ecorec 2 T7E valve rebuild help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

floxur

Hi all,

I am in the process of rewiring my binson T7E valve. I have made good progress but I have a suspicion that something was wired wrong long before I got my hands on it.

Does anybody have a schematic for T7E valve version?

Thanks

Thanks Jon, I have stumbled across that site and it has been an invaluable source of information.

I have fully rewired and replaced the 2 twin electrolytic caps. This has gotten me to the stage where echo is working but i don't have full functionality between echo/swell/repeat and selector switch only seems to work on 1 - 4. Luckily the drum and heads are in great condition.

I probably have to replace other caps but even getting the values is not easy without removing 1 by 1 from the board hence why I thought a full schematic would be useful. There is so much information available but the schematic for T7E Tube eludes me. I have seen others post schematic for the Transistor version on Group DIY hence why I thought I would ask.

It's a great piece to restore to working order so I will persist even if it means testing each capacitor.

I got mine going about 20 years ago without any schematics ,
since a whole load more of the wire insulation crumbled ,
There was some issue discovered later with production at the wire company which lead to the fiasco .

The PCB itself is robust , I did weed out a few bad resistors and maybe the odd cap , but they used mainly Mullard Mustards , which have proven reliable in Marshall and Hiwatt amps for 50 years or more .
Well it seems the condition of your unit isnt so bad after all , most likely the switch contacts have oxidised .

Thanks Jon, I have stumbled across that site and it has been an invaluable source of information.

I have fully rewired and replaced the 2 twin electrolytic caps. This has gotten me to the stage where echo is working but i don't have full functionality between echo/swell/repeat and selector switch only seems to work on 1 - 4. Luckily the drum and heads are in great condition.

I probably have to replace other caps but even getting the values is not easy without removing 1 by 1 from the board hence why I thought a full schematic would be useful. There is so much information available but the schematic for T7E Tube eludes me. I have seen others post schematic for the Transistor version on Group DIY hence why I thought I would ask.

It's a great piece to restore to working order so I will persist even if it means testing each capacitor.
Load this site, register and log in;
https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/binson_echorec_2_t7e.html

Back