Bo Hansen DI layout

Help Support GroupDIY:

Bo Hansen

In the meanwhile they added another product with your name...

I received a response from the owner of the "Pro Audio GC" website, and he says he is willing to remove the sale of circuit boards and kits regarding my DI-box design, which he markets without permission.
I am very grateful for his goodwill to correct this mistake.

--Bo

Bo Hansen

This whole DIY DI-box project with my circuit design that I presented here at the forum in 2004, and help with the first version of PCB layout made by Groupdiy members Luny Tune and Soeren-DK around 2010, and Volker Meyer since 2015 took over the distribution of PCB rev.2, is based on people's respect and appreciation for our commitment and work in this project.
So I trust that everyone respects my wish that this project is not copied and mass-produced by any person or company for their own financial gain.

I have many times received request from major audio equipment companies who want to buy my DI-box design to manufacture under their own name.
I have during all the years since I presented this DI-box project promised the DIY people that this DI-box design is free to use as a hobby project, without the risk that any company will accuse any person of using their circuit design, which they consider to own because I have sold or given license rights for this DI box to them.
This promise I will try to keep for all future.

It's incredible, but there have been over 330.000 visitors and more than 1.200 posts since the start Dec 2, 2009, which is here on this thread in "soeren_DK" beginning posts.
Could this be a record here on groupdiy, or are there more threads in this size?

--Bo

Last edited:

[silent:arts]

White Market Member
Hi Bo, I didn't protect anything. At the end I only copied the PCB layout from Soeren since the original Gerber files were lost.
In my opinion this is not about IP, it is about respect.

abbey road d enfer

GDIY Supporter
Hi Bo, I didn't protect anything. At the end I only copied the PCB layout from Soeren since the original Gerber files were lost.
In my opinion this is not about IP, it is about respect.
All the more a reason to chastize the french guy that took your work without a word. He probably doesn't make much money out of it, but it wouldn't have cost him anything to drop you a line.

PhilipMarlowe

Thanks for this wonderful design, Bo. A newbie question but can I just use any Jack and XLR connector or are these in the BOM list the ones needed for this build?

Ricardus

WILL SOLDER FOR FOOD
Thanks for this wonderful design, Bo. A newbie question but can I just use any Jack and XLR connector or are these in the BOM list the ones needed for this build?
The input Jack needs to be the switching kind, but an equivalent from any manufacturer will be fine. The output Jack doesn't need to be the switching kind, and any old one will do. BUT, they need to be the plastic kind that is isolated from the metal enclosure you're putting it in.

Any XLR should work. Neutrik, Amphenol, Switchcraft.