Bob katz and the Korg Nutube

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pucho812 said:
This shows promise that one might be able to get a nutube from korg.
IIRC the device was splashed some time ago by a fluorescent display company to repurpose quickly fading technology. Best hope is probably some esoteric tube-lite application.

JR

mjrippe said:
Multiple threads about the NuTube here on GDIY.  I got a quote from Korg of $50 US per tube, so I quickly lost interest.

I thought they were not available.... 50.00 a tube is not too bad, no different then some NOS pricing.

Pretty curious why Bob Katz is messing with these. I was under the impression these were somewhat gimicky.....
He is usually interested in the science behind things enough for me to give weight to what he is doing.... He is pretty selective about his gear too.....
Interesting

scott2000 said:
Pretty curious why Bob Katz is messing with these. I was under the impression these were somewhat gimicky.....
He is usually interested in the science behind things enough for me to give weight to what he is doing.... He is pretty selective about his gear too.....
Interesting

At this point Bob can do whatever amuses him.... 

BTW I think he still lives in FL...

JR

Yes. I grew up in the same city where his place is and am only a 30 min drive from there now.

I've always wanted to go by . Maybe one day. I heard his room is able to reproduce the Space Shuttle launch pretty accurately... Not sure my heart could take it......

Back