BOSS DR55 MODIFIED AND MIDIFIED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DenDer

In a big subwoofer near Amsterdam, Holland
Hi Prodigy community,
This is my first post but i've been lingering around for quite some time now here, mostly because i'm building a stereo GSSL which is still in pcb state with some soldering to it....but i want to show my latest project that i was doing, namely modifying and midifying my Boss Dr55. It isn't quite finished yet but i really want to show it ;) As you can see in the pics i managed to get 10 pots :eek: on this little drum machine. Which include new modifications that i haven't seen on the net yet.
DR55MODIFIED2008_1124011.jpg

With blue led that i'm going to change to an orange one..
DR55MODIFIED2008_1124002.jpg

Drinking coffee and building drum machines.

From left to right:

-Full Accent
-BassDrum Decay
-BassDrum Pitch (new)
-Noise Level
-Rimshot Pitch (new)
-Rimshot Resonance (new)
-SnareDrum Pitch (new)
-HiHat Pitch (new)
-HiHat Level (new)
-HiHat Decay (new)

So that is total control over all the sounds... 8)

On the back side you will find midi in and out and a switch for the direction of the midi (which is still a hole as you can see).....the normal CSQ, footswitch, three trigger inputs for BD, SD and RS and audio out offcourse. I'm also going to make an adaptor connection for it which is quite easy to do....the midi kit is already soldered just needs to be placed in but that ain't the biggest hustle..i'm also going to make individual outs on my Black Beauty :)
On this site http://www.synthforum.nl/forums/showthread.php?t=104131 you can find two pieces of audio with a total length of 15 minutes...in the second part i'm putting the DR55 through a modified Boss SD-1 with Monte Allums GT-1 mods for that killer 808 bass sound.....
If you want your DR55 modified like mine just PM me or mail me at dender at acidcult dot nl
Time for some more pictures.....
DR55MODIFIED2008_1124004.jpg

Sitting nicely on top of my JX3P.
DR55MODIFIED2008_1124008.jpg

Knobbies with Sylvester in da background.
DR55MODIFIED2008_1124009.jpg

Cats don't care about drum machines.
DR55MODIFIED2008_1124010.jpg

Damn straight if i may say so.

Thanks Rob, will do but at the moment i'm fixing some ones modified 606 which is a total disaster. The guy or girl who did this wasn't/isn't an experienced DIY'r. The guy bought this one from ebay but the hats and cymbal are uncontrollable. Total distortion on both especially with accent on them. I only opened the extra section that he made and already wires came loose...man if you can't modify then don't. Well i think i can fix it 8)

Back