Brad Blackwood offered us a place from R/E/P

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiString

They aren't the only ones offering new lodgings to TT/DIY.

A couple of quotes from PM's with the admin of another recording BBS (including a quote from Chris at RO)........

“Holy shit, I just read the big blowout thread over there.

Yeah man, if you guys need a new home then our DIY forum is definately available and we'll always be free. ……………………………………………………………………………..And as I said earlier, I'd definately be open to the idea of expansion if the forum took off. Have to play that by ear... anything would be better than you guys having to seek refuge in a yahoo forum though.”

“Ahh, now I know why you asked about bandwidth:

"DIY takes a crud load of bandwidth and your PMs add to that. Bandwidth is not free and some of the other sites mentioned are not going to be able to handle the load or provide the features and options RO has in the workings. Get ready for some sloooow paaaaage loaaaads.."

Let me just call bullshit here.

First of all, the bandwidth is very little for text and images and PMs etc. As of right now we are using less than 8% of our available bandwidth, and we allow free audio and video upload/downloads.”

8)

Back