[BUILd] PM660 / PM670 SCAmp Booster build and tips help thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello!

I've just inserted the SCAB and I like it a lot.
My only problem:

How can I have slower attack time? (5ms, 10ms, 30ms)
I'd like to have slower attack even with fast release if it is possible...

Thanks!

prescott said:
Hello!

I've just inserted the SCAB and I like it a lot.
My only problem:

How can I have slower attack time? (5ms, 10ms, 30ms)
I'd like to have slower attack even with fast release if it is possible...

Thanks!
Probably should have posted this in the pm660 thread, but the way I understand it is smaller capacitors in the time constant section = quicker attack times. Experiment here for taste.

Hi diyer's

First of all thanks for this threat...
I'm starding my build of the pm670 with scamp, i hope, soon.
Now is my question: is it smart to build thisone with te germanium resistors? I know it will influence the sound.

Thanks in advance.
Gr ojiban

I've just started working on my PM670 after a long break and having troubles adjusting RV*01 to 0V. I'm using 5k trimmer, might that be a problem? If I'm reading the schematic correctly that shouldn't really be an issue...

thanks in advance,
Christoph

I'm finally getting around  to try to implement Kingston's Psu mod from the m670 thread, and was wondering if anyone had thoughts on if the scamp board would run happily at 12.6v? I know the ne5534's look to be within range here, not sure about the tip41/42's and thought I'd check if there were any thoughts on implementing this in the m670 mod.
Link for M670 info: https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=51478.0

Edit: no response, so I decided to keep the existing +-17v supply in there also.

Attachments

• M670-PSU-Kingston.png
    M670-PSU-Kingston.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 35
Back