Built custom channel for Soundcraft Boards (SSL like)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iomegaman said:
I would be interested as well, could mod my 200B for sure.

Unfortunately not enough Diyer was interested about that kind of project.
But if you want you can organize a group buy for at least 50 channels then the project will be resurected ;)

Best regards,
Xarolium

hi xarolium

too bad not enough peoples are interested in this project , ive modded all the channels with lme49720
they sound pretty good for me like this..

now ive been trying too mod the masterchannel with no succes..
if you would ever redesign the entire mastersection, that would be an amazing
solution for owners of sc6000 :) :)

or also would you sell youre design/ schematics , so I can built one for myself?

thanks a lot
keep up the good work !

xarolium said:
Unfortunately not enough Diyer was interested about that kind of project.
But if you want you can organize a group buy for at least 50 channels then the project will be resurected ;)

Best regards,
Xarolium

Do you remember what the approximate cost of materials to complete one channel was?

Thanks!

Paul

Hi folks,

I've been in discussion with Xarolium and I've convinced him to let me continue this project (under his supervision) and make his SSL-inspired custom Soundcraft channels a reality!

Very shortly we'll be launching a Kickstarter with more info where you can follow the project. Our intention to begin with is just to provide kits for Series 600 input channels, but if the interest is there (stretch goals?) we will look at adapting his design to work with other similar Soundcrafts.

So get the word out and please do comment below if you're interested.

I'm personally very excited to add even more knobs to my 600!

Gold luck with this project.. I will be interested in SC 6000 channels
Some of the potentiometers on the board will need to be fabricated specifically for this project, which will mean a MOQ of 100 pieces (and therefore 100 channels).

From the looks of things 6000 channels use the same pots (just more of them) so perhaps fabricating both 6000 and series 600 appropriate channels will be the best option, as right now I can't see us fulfilling x100 order of Soundcraft 600 input modules.

This is one of the things I'll have to discuss with Xarolium.

Hi there,

If we want the channel compatible with 6000 or 200B as i don't own those console i need face plate size of channel to match the design between 600/500, 6000 and 200B.
6000 and 200B owner, could you provide this ?

I own a 8000 channel and know that channel size is 75mm longer and 4mm larger

Thank you

Last edited:
Interested FOR SURE - 2 channels to start! SC600.
Would love to know a few things (just PCB and pots/switches? what's the estimated cost for any parts not included? no upgrades needed to the PS?).
So glad this is still moving forward!!!

@xarolium I measured the faceplate dimensions.
Width: 1 1/4 inches
Length: 18 inches

The length was measured on the top of the faceplate, so it includes the top and bottom parts that overhang and attach to the console chassis. The sides are slightly shorter, measuring 16 7/8 inches. Here's a photo to show what I mean about the overhang (maybe it's called a flange? I don't know). You can see that the side is slightly shorter than the top:
IMG_3832.JPG
Hope that helps, let me know if you need more info.

Last edited:
Back