Bus compressors in 2022: Active projects?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I´m in the market for one or more bus compressors, most likely an SSL clone now and others later. Unfortunately, many projects seem to be dead or suffer from unavailability of PCB and/or panels. For example, SSL Clone construction page links to 3 PCB resources 2 of which give me 404 not found. Component shortage on top of that, but that´s kind of expected these days. Format can be both (19"/500).

Can you point me to projects that are actively maintained and have a good chance of being finished within the next few weeks?

Thank you in advance!

The next few weeks is a tall order, but in the next few months we'll be releasing one. It's based off the 4000G+ schematic (not the GSSL) with a bunch of the more popular mods built in: turbo/mono SC switch, SC filter options, and a transformer output with 3 drive settings.

I´m just looking for something that has a chance of being finished in 22. Oh, and it would be nice if there was a chance to find all parts without waterboarding someone first. Mods from the get go sounds like a plan. So is there a mailing list to stay in the loop?

This topic may be better suited in the dynamic processors subforum.
The GSSL is widely available, that page just ins't up to date with vendors.
For example here, here, here, here and here. (note: i don't have experience with them, i just selected the few i could find in under a minute).

Back