Bv8,12,11 replica feeler please read DISPATCHED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got the PM about getting ready for payment.  Any chance I could add one BV12 to my order?  Had no real plans to do a U67 any time soon, but I managed to grab a Maiku K87 in the second batch, so guess I'll need a BV12 now.

Let me know either way.

Thanks!!

Adadan said:
Just got the PM about getting ready for payment.  Any chance I could add one BV12 to my order?  Had no real plans to do a U67 any time soon, but I managed to grab a Maiku K87 in the second batch, so guess I'll need a BV12 now.

Let me know either way.

Thanks!!
Yes, we decided to stop at 50pcs and then to start to collect payments. I didn't checked how many people are in but I think that it's almost 50. One more cant hurt ;)  tardishead  will react and contact everybody who posted here. Cheers

Hi guys, please check the page 1. It's closed. If someone decide to quit we can accept new orders to reach 50 pieces. It will be noted on the first page. Thanks

Hi guys, tanks for the fast payments. As you can see Mike updated the first page so "green guys" are marked as  "payed". I do my homework also, negotiating with bobbin toolmaker is finished, i did advance payment and I expect bobbins within 45 days. Also, I wait for the Lamination invoice. 
One question before I close the lamination purchase. Few members asked me how to achieve very first versions of the BV transformers. Well,  it's possible to adjust lamination permeability by mixing two different alloys, in this case Ni78 and Ni49 alloys. That way people can "trim to taste" their transformers. This approach is interesting if you want to achieve early BV.11 and BV.08's characteristics.  My idea is to offer "packs of Ni49" lamination, full or just a half. From my point of view this is not recommended for BV.12's, but if someone wants to try it's not a sin ;)
What you think about it? Should I ask for NI49 also?

tony hunt said:
Moby, I really like the  "trim to taste" pack of Ni49 idea.
Would that require a large commitment from us for a minimum quantity?
I would like to hear from you what you think about it, so thanks for your comment. I already asked material supplier for the MOQ, so If its resonable I will order that and offer here as the optional. So, if I succeed, people who orderd the basic pack will be able to add Ni49 also.

Moby said:
I would like to hear from you what you think about it, so thanks for your comment. I already asked material supplier for the MOQ, so If its resonable I will order that and offer here as the optional. So, if I succeed, people who orderd the basic pack will be able to add Ni49 also.
I really like the DIY spirit of being able to fool around with different lam material.

The details of the chemistry quickly go over my head. I am not yet familiar with the terminology. Do I understand these terms correctly:
Ni78 ≈ the typical Bv-08 lam?
Ni49 ≈ lams in some later for-export Bv-08?

Some guidance to the philosophy of stacking / mixing the different lams would be great.

tony hunt said:
I really like the DIY spirit of being able to fool around with different lam material.

The details of the chemistry quickly go over my head. I am not yet familiar with the terminology. Do I understand these terms correctly:
Ni78 ≈ the typical Bv-08 lam?
Ni49 ≈ lams in some later for-export Bv-08?

Some guidance to the philosophy of stacking / mixing the different lams would be great.
Yes, that's why I was thinking about the  "trim chemistry" option . We are DIY community and we like to experiment.  Just to be more specific. Neumann used in their production different alloys from the early approx 30% Ni to latest 78%Ni. There are some versions in between, so mixing this two (Ni49&Ni78) alloys can give you similar or the same results. I omitted early low Ni content alloy because the winding count is very different (much more winding counts) and because this batch will be too confusing. So, this option will give us results like transformers from 1953. and later.
Just to be clear, Neumann never used this approach (as far I know) so this can be called "Groupdiy trick to trim to taste". I hope you understand what I mean ;)  Of course, let me first receive the answer about the availability of Ni49.

Back