Bv8,12,11 replica feeler please read DISPATCHED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi to all. So far things are going on time. Aprox. 20 days to the bobbins tool deadline. Laminations are in production and I expect to be ginished soon.
I must put some deadline for the pending payments, there is 3 members who still did not complete it.  So, let it be Friday  3. November. I have few members asking to drop in to this promotional batch , so please  just respond to Mike or here so we can move forward if u decided to quit.
I hope this is OK. Cheers :)

UPDATE: I have just sent messages to members whose payments are still pending. I expect some reaction and as soon as it happens we can move forward.
Regarding Ni49 laminations, it looks  "very possible". I will have the final response from the manufacturer within this week.

Tardished updated the first post with Ni49 info.  Please reply to this thread if you are interested in this option .
We have just one member with payment pending, and since I received few requests to drop in,  we must remove that reservation. Of course, as soon we start the production I will keep serious discount for Gdiy members, no worries.

Thanks for the info!
Just to clarify: do I have to pay 35 Euro for each transformer? Or how many Ni49 Lams are in the package?
If I, for example, would like to make two BV11 transformer with 50% Ni49 and 50% Ni78 lams, would I have to pay 70 Euros?

Murdock said:
Thanks for the info!
Just to clarify: do I have to pay 35 Euro for each transformer? Or how many Ni49 Lams are in the package?
If I, for example, would like to make two BV11 transformer with 50% Ni49 and 50% Ni78 lams, would I have to pay 70 Euros?
Sorry for the confusion ;) Let me elaborate. You already purchsed one or more transformers and in the package you will recieve full pack (packs if you purchased more transformers) of Ni78 laminations for each of them. Now, if you want to experiment, you can purchase extra Ni49 package and do your custom lamination mixture. Each Ni49 (full package) is 35€.
Edit: full package for bv.08 & bv.11 is 34 "U" parts + 34 "I" parts. I decided to pack 35 of each so u have one spare pair ;)

tony hunt said:
I am in for one set of the Ni49 lamination package. Will send the funds by PayPal now,
thank you so much, t
please wait for Tardishead to send you the unvoice. Ok?

Moby said:
Sorry for the confusion ;) Let me elaborate. You already purchsed one or more transformers and in the package you will recieve full pack (packs if you purchased more transformers) of Ni78 laminations for each of them. Now, if you want to experiment, you can purchase extra Ni49 package and do your custom lamination mixture. Each Ni49 (full package) is 35€.
Edit: full package for bv.08 & bv.11 is 34 "U" parts + 34 "I" parts. I decided to pack 35 of each so u have one spare pair ;)

so "full package" of Ni49 consist also of 34 U and 34 I Parts? If I want to make two BV each with 50% Ni49 and 50% Ni78 I need only one Ni49 package.
have I understood that correctly now? sorry :p

Murdock said:
so "full package" of Ni49 consist also of 34 U and 34 I Parts? If I want to make two BV each with 50% Ni49 and 50% Ni78 I need only one Ni49 package.
have I understood that correctly now? sorry :p
Yes, and in that case (2 pieces  50/50%) u will have one Ni78 package as a spare. U can use it to wind your own tx ;)

Moby said:
Yes, and in that case (2 pieces  50/50%) u will have one Ni78 package as a spare. U can use it to wind your own tx ;)

ok, now I got it.
I'll take one package then.
Thanks!

We have all the payments. Thx guys.
Good news, laminations are waiting for me, I will collect the package tommorow. Ni49 is also purchased and I expect it by the end of  the November. As  soon the bobbin tool is finished (2 more weeks) production will start. Fingers crossed :)

Edit: sorry, we already filled 50pcs for this promotional batch, so no more tx's untill we deliver it. Of course, in the future, I can make the price for Gdiy members who are interested in. Just, please, dont use PM, use  the mail instead. Ok?

Winetree said:
Can I still send in for one  Ni49 (full package)at 35€?
Of course. I completed the order from the manufacturer for Ni49 and all we need is that Tardishead collect all purchases for it.  Just post here, like you did initially for the transformers.
so far we have:

tony hunt x1 Ni49
buckethead x1Ni49
litespeedgreg x1Ni49
Murdock x1Ni49
Winetree x1Ni49

Did I miss someone?

Scimitar said:
Hi all

Any update on the progress?
Yep, soon I will post some photos. Lamnations are here, waiting for toolmaker to finish the bobbin tool.  Right after that winding will start :)

Latest posts

Back