Calling Ed Anderson!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noizetoys

Just trying to not make things worse...
GDIY Supporter
Also posted in the Brewery.

I'm look to contact Ed Anderson.  His message box if full so that won't work.

Haven't seen him around for a while, hope he is well.

If you know how to reach him or if he sees this, just send me a message.

Thanks,
James

for any transformers already available through hairball or CAPI, please contact them.

for new design requests, if it is something not already available elsewhere, i’d like to help… but it isn’t usually feasible unless there is a need for 100pcs or more.  if collectively the forum shows that  level of interest for a new design, i’ll definitely take a look and see if i can work something out.

ed

Thank you Ed for dropping by!

There's a shortage of EA-5002 on Hairball for many months. And as far as I know there's nowhere else we can get that model. Is there anything you can do about that?

:)

Luka

Thank you Ed for dropping by!

There's a shortage of EA-5002 on Hairball for many months. And as far as I know there's nowhere else we can get that model. Is there anything you can do about that?

:)

Luka
unfortunately the winder that had been making the EA-5002 for us closed their factory (after 65 years!). bringing up a new winder to make the part has been difficult (especially with COVID) so the supply has been constrained. check Hairball for availability.

CineMag makes their version of the 5002, but they also have long lead times.

How about a modern utc a-20!? :D
what would people use this for?

unfortunately the laminations for the UTC A series are basically impossible to get, so an exact duplicate would be tough.

i’ve had some thoughts about a “big” 600 Ω 1:1, for pultec and other old-style projects. if anyone has ideas about what projects could use something like this, let me know.

ed

The question is, do you want just 600:600, or all the available taps of an A-20? There are hundreds or thousands of good to great 600:600 models of all vintages out there. Personally I don't think we need another new one. But then, I have boxes full already...

I’m still waiting for a great HS-52 -inspired, with all the taps. Those things are elusive for some reason. The very few out there seem to be a myth. I can’t get my hands on one from anywhere.

Latest posts

Back