Calrec DF-1625 / DL- 2638 Schematics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kid Squid

Hi All,

Just wondering , can anyone help out at all ?

I've just had a couple of Calrec DF-1625's ( Mono Comps with gates) and DL-2638 's (stereo comp / limiters) off a friend, and has asked me to have a look over them.
Would any of you have the service manual / schematics ? and could possibly send me a copy ?

Calrec were totally uninterested and passed me over to Neve !!  :(    .... true story !!!

** not sure if this should be posted to the dynamics section ?**

Best,
Steve

It was during the time of the Calrec / AMS corporate marriage that the DF1625 would have been designed. It could be marked as "Calrec by AMS". After the corporate divorce in around 1990-ish, AMS retained some copyright and IP, and therefore on that basis, it is reasonable for Calrec to pass you on to Neve, or more correctly AMS-Neve. The deeper question is: Have either company bothered to retain any old-time analoge records from the time of their corporate marriage?

Gareth Connor said:
It was during the time of the Calrec / AMS corporate marriage that the DF1625 would have been designed. It could be marked as "Calrec by AMS". After the corporate divorce in around 1990-ish, AMS retained some copyright and IP, and therefore on that basis, it is reasonable for Calrec to pass you on to Neve, or more correctly AMS-Neve. The deeper question is: Have either company bothered to retain any old-time analoge records from the time of their corporate marriage?
Hi Gareth,
Hope you are doing well !

That would certainly explain why I was passed over to AMS-Neve.
The person I spoke to, had no recollection or any idea regarding the Calrec / AMS equipment, and seemed quite suprised by the request.

By the looks of things, so far anyway, the answer to the deeper question seems to be no.
Quite possibly I spoke to someone that had got out of bed on the wrong side that morning  ;)

Latest posts

Back