• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Calrec Soundfield MK V Microphone and preamplifier - for repair or parts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

thomasdf

GDIY Supporter
Hello

I had posted it a while ago, then I moved out of the place I lived in, thought I could repair, but then life etc... So here it is again. I am selling a Calrec Soundfield MK V microphone and preamplifier.

Please note :
_ The mic is in non working conditions. It has been repaired or tinkered with in the past, long before I got it, and it is missing at least a surface mounted resistor. I provide schematics for the mics, and Soundfield still services these. They have been bought by Rode, but the support is still on. I have been emailing with them last week. I have no estimate yet, but decided that's not the type of mic I'd use, and need space and cash for other projects.
_ The preamplifier is in working conditions. With the Soundfield mic it delivers just white noise and hum, but I tested every four input with another microphone and they work perfectly well. Just some slightly scratchy pots due to a long time without being used. The +/-17V PSU powering the microphone is OK.
_ It comes with its custom cable, mic suspension, original manual and printed schematics of the microphone.

For such a kit in working condition, I have seen prices around 4000 euros. I am selling the whole lot as is, at 1200 euros. Item is located near Paris, France. I can ship worldwide at buyer's expense. Local pickup welcome. We can write up a private sale contract, I can ship with insurance, everything is possible. Sale will be final, no returns. I will gladly answer all of your questions, take more pictures, make measurement etc if I can sense a real motivation from the potential buyer.

I am open to offers or trade, especially for vintage parts, tube gear, vintage microphone or quality microphone projects, or such.

Thanks for reading,

Thomas

Attachments

• IMG_2969.jpg
    IMG_2969.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2971.jpg
    IMG_2971.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2972.jpg
    IMG_2972.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2973.jpg
    IMG_2973.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2975.jpg
    IMG_2975.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2976.jpg
    IMG_2976.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2977.jpg
    IMG_2977.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 66

thomasdf

GDIY Supporter
Nope, it's still here at home, waiting :) I was on tour and quite busy
I got in touch with Soundfield / Calrec in the meantime, and they offered me to send the mic and PSU for a full check up / repair, free of charge.
Which is awesome ! Great customer service.

I can send it for repair and sell it in working condition, or sell it as is.

Latest posts