• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Calrec Soundfield MK V Microphone and preamplifier - for repair or parts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasdf

GDIY Supporter
Hello

I had posted it a while ago, then I moved out of the place I lived in, thought I could repair, but then life etc... So here it is again. I am selling a Calrec Soundfield MK V microphone and preamplifier.

Please note :
_ The mic is in non working conditions. It has been repaired or tinkered with in the past, long before I got it, and it is missing at least a surface mounted resistor. I provide schematics for the mics, and Soundfield still services these. They have been bought by Rode, but the support is still on. I have been emailing with them last week. I have no estimate yet, but decided that's not the type of mic I'd use, and need space and cash for other projects.
_ The preamplifier is in working conditions. With the Soundfield mic it delivers just white noise and hum, but I tested every four input with another microphone and they work perfectly well. Just some slightly scratchy pots due to a long time without being used. The +/-17V PSU powering the microphone is OK.
_ It comes with its custom cable, mic suspension, original manual and printed schematics of the microphone.

For such a kit in working condition, I have seen prices around 4000 euros. I am selling the whole lot as is, at 1200 euros. Item is located near Paris, France. I can ship worldwide at buyer's expense. Local pickup welcome. We can write up a private sale contract, I can ship with insurance, everything is possible. Sale will be final, no returns. I will gladly answer all of your questions, take more pictures, make measurement etc if I can sense a real motivation from the potential buyer.

I am open to offers or trade, especially for vintage parts, tube gear, vintage microphone or quality microphone projects, or such.

Thanks for reading,

Thomas

Attachments

• IMG_2969.jpg
    IMG_2969.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2971.jpg
    IMG_2971.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2972.jpg
    IMG_2972.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2973.jpg
    IMG_2973.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2975.jpg
    IMG_2975.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2976.jpg
    IMG_2976.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2977.jpg
    IMG_2977.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 67
Nope, it's still here at home, waiting :) I was on tour and quite busy
I got in touch with Soundfield / Calrec in the meantime, and they offered me to send the mic and PSU for a full check up / repair, free of charge.
Which is awesome ! Great customer service.

I can send it for repair and sell it in working condition, or sell it as is.

Just to let you guys know, the mic is back from repair. Awesome communication with the Soundfield / Rode staff in Australia, and the microphone is now sounding STELLAR. What a beautiful beautiful piece of gear. Many thanks to them for the repair.

Honestly, I am so BLOWN AWAY by the test recording I did when the mic came back that I'm not sure I want to sell it at the moment. I should use it on an album recording to make a definitive decision about this.
Still, you can get in touch via DM, but the price won't be the 1200 euros I was planning on letting it go for when it was not working.

My previous post here was more to share the awesome experience I've had with the Soundfield / Rode repair team, great communication and work, very fast and reactive.

Back