Can anyone help me finish wiring my 33609

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
signal tracer, you need a tone generator  doing a sine wave 1K at a nice level. Then you need a way to see or hear that 1K when you probe various parts of the circuit. that is where the o-scope comes in handy. As suggested  from another user you can make a probe using headphones. I have never done that but it should work nicely. follow the instructions.  As for your tone generator, signal generator out your daw would do you nicely. 

Yeah I mean I'm no expert but at your stage in the game I would really grab an old o-scope off ebay and build a cheap frequency generator. Once you bump into problems like this, the right test equipment becomes a very sufficient way of problem solving. Maybe you have a friend who has a scope and a frequency generator at work or at home? It could save you hours upon hours of scratching your head. I don't mean to sound at all condescending, I'm just trying to spare you some frustration. It sounds like you plan on building more things eventually. You would use these tools a lot in the future and it would help you with most of those projects too.

You might already have a freq generator handy.. since you would have needed one to calibrate your 1176.

soundcard and a cheep digital oscilloscope from china for 20$ would work. Or  play music through it and with a cheep set of headphones with a probe connected in  series with a 100uf 50v capacitor you can poke around and hear the signal. (and hear power rails too if your not careful, ouch!)

Latest posts

Back