Capacitor pitch values

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rensjepensje

Hi, noob question here! ;)
I recently ordered a few pcb's for Neve style preamps, FET compressors and accompanying PSU's. I'm making a spreadsheet in which I combine the BOM's so I can order as much as possible in bulk. Regarding film caps and ceramic caps, the different boms list the same capacitance values, however the pitch seem to be slightly off. 5mm vs 5.08mm with film caps and 2.5mm vs 2.54mm with ceramic caps. Can I ignore these minor differences, or do they signify very different style caps?
Thanks and best wishes for 2023!

To clarify the above reply:

Yes. You can ignore.

0.04mm discrepancy is extremely small—an extra decimal place of precision that’s meaningless in the real world.

That equates to a thousandth of an inch; roughly 1/40th the thickness of a sheet of printer paper.

The funny number 2.54 arises because it’s a direct translation of 0.1 inches. 5.08mm is a metric translation of 0.2”

To clarify the above reply:

Yes. You can ignore.

0.04mm discrepancy is extremely small—an extra decimal place of precision that’s meaningless in the real world.

That equates to a thousandth of an inch; roughly 1/40th the thickness of a sheet of printer paper.

The funny number 2.54 arises because it’s a direct translation of 0.1 inches. 5.08mm is a metric translation of 0.2”
Thanks for explaining. Now it makes sense!

Back