CAPI GDIY51PSU problem with +24V -- FIXED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgs

EDIT: Ok, I guess sometimes it's just too easy. Measured fine up to the fuse as mentioned, fuse was not broken, then measured nothing after the fuse, hmmm ok. Noticed that the fuse felt a bit wiggly so I took it out and tightened the fuse holder a bit. Now it works. Never had anything as simple as that be the problem before I believe.

(original message below)

Hi all,

Just started having problem with my PSU, I'm not getting +24V output, measuring around +5V or so. Just started tracing and not sure what voltages to expect in different sections (measured around +35V at the cathode of CR5 for example) but when I measure right before F4 and chassis ground I'm getting a solid +24V and the +24V LED lights up.

Any idea what I should do next? I can mention that I THINK I had the same problem right after I built it (probably 8-10 years ago) and I went over all the solder points at that time. It didn't work immediately but suddenly sprung into action; very odd. I've had no problem with it since, but a couple of weeks ago it started acting up again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back