carnhills and gssl

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regularjohn

Has anyone tried the Carnhill 2280 or 2281 for the gssl, or for anything for that matter?  
It's 600:600.  I figure it would work.
I've used the Lundahl LL5402 and really liked it, but the Carnhill is so much less expensive.
If someone's tried it, I'd love to hear how it sounded.
Thanks!

I have a pair of vintage API 2603 output transformers wired in mine.
Its a bit heavy and has girth for days but I think its the actual circuit I need to adjust
as it tends to get sludgy very quickly (especially apparent next to an original grey box G384, but very gentle compression adds a bit of something nice that wasn't there before.
The proverbial 'glue' but not enough to use the basic GSSL circuit much in my working flow.
I'm currently wiring in a switchable SSC/Turbo and a crush and blend. Also a CRC board.
I think this should bring the box back into my life....

I've been thinking of making mine with switchable output transformers but haven't sorted
where it would all come from and go to.

I'll have a much better informed opinion in about a week once this mouser order arrives with the last SSC parts.

Hi ,
Has anyone tried the Carnhill 2280 or 2281 for the gssl, or for anything for that matter?
It's 600:600. I figure it would work.
I've used the Lundahl LL5402 and really liked it, but the Carnhill is so much less expensive.
If someone's tried it, I'd love to hear how it sounded.
Thanks!
Hi,
the Carnhill "adventure" / test , had any good outcome ?
any info (mod scheme, connections, parts replacement if required, etc..) to share ?
thanks

Back