Case Built for Synthesizer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slime_Lord

I'm looking for someone to build a wooden case for a RITM-2 synthesizer.

When the package arrived, the keyboard was damaged to the point of being unusable. I'd like to rehouse the panel/circuit board into a new case without the keyboard - I've built a daughterboard so that the synth can be controlled with CV/Gate and will be adding additional patch points for voltage control to some of the parameters on the synth.

The panel that houses the synth measures 21.25" (width) x 7.62" (height). The case that it's currently in is slanted, the deepest depth measures 5" and the shallowest depth is 3".

Ideally, I'd like for the case to have the same width that the panel currently has and an inch added to the current height to accommodate additional path points. Since the keyboard has been removed, it would be great to have the panel slanted so that it sits vertically (75 - 85 degree incline).

The link below contains images similar to what I'm trying to do, I would rather have the mains power cut out on the back or side of the synth, along with the output so that it can sit vertically -

https://www.matrixsynth.com/2016/12/desktop-ritm-2-soviet-synthesizer.html
I think this would be fairly simple to build and even just getting wood cut for me to stain/assemble would be fine. I don't currently have any woodworking tools, nor have the space for them.

Feel free to PM me for more information, price quotes, etc. I'm based in Chicago, stateside builders would be preferred.

Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Back