• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Black Market Rules / Caveat Emptor (buyer beware)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[update- a couple of the expired sell by seed are sprouting so still viable... /update]
Sell-by date is just a protective indication.
Here in markets we have a section for "short dates", where you can buy products that expire the day after or two days after at 50% discount.
For me it's the opportunity to try things that I wouldn't buy normally. If it turns I don't like it, it won't be a big loss. If I like it, it's a positive experience. Sometimes I eat those things several days after the sell-by date. Never been sick anyhow.
Most irritating is drugs.
Those that are retired from the market are shipped to third-world countries, where they are profitably used by various NGO's.

Last edited:
Watch out Bryann9to. I think he is a scammer This guy responded to my WTB add.

Just so I know, is using "friends and family" option frown upon?
I use it frequently, is this a dick thing to do or what?
paypal said:
Unfortunately not really - if you sent money that was intended for a purchase and used the "Friends and Family" option instead of "Goods and Services", sorry to say, you have been had. The PayPal system sees "Friends and Family" as one person simply sending money to another person - not an item purchase. You can try to open a dispute however, it's possible the system won't let you proceed because the reason was "Friends and Family".

F&F mode does not provide buyer protection like normal paypal transactions.

JR

F&F mode does not provide buyer protection like normal paypal transactions.

JR

I know that, it's just I often ask the seller or buyer if we could use this option.
At the end is cheaper for both sides, if things end well.

I wouldn't make a fuss if the other party would decline, though.

I thought it was OK if it is consensual😘

Last edited:
I thought F&F mode meant that the sender pays the fees not the receiver as usual, and there is no protection

I only occasionally buy and sell so not an expert, but I understand F&F to be no fees either way.

FWIW I have never once been unhappy with a F&F transaction, when on the buying end of things from a well established, contributing member.

Last edited:
How about some guidelines for decency is seller's / posters behavior?
As in, if you are listing the item for sale other places as well, note that in the listing and make it clear the item could sell and listing may be cancelled at any time, maybe encourage listers to "do the right thing" and actually sell the item to the first person to respond with the asking price, note items that are sold as "sold" within a reasonable time frame, and respond to inquiries as promptly as possible while listing is active?
It can't be only me that is getting jerked around by people listing items for sale here...

Last edited:
How about some guidelines for decency is seller's / posters behavior?
As in, if you are listing the item for sale other places as well, note that in the listing and make it clear the item could sell and listing may be cancelled at any time, maybe encourage listers to "do the right thing" and actually sell the item to the first person to respond with the asking price, note items the are sold as "sold" within a reasonable time frame, and respond to inquiries as promptly as possible while listing is active?
It can't be only me that is getting jerked around by people listing items for sale here...
Herding cats on the internet is never simple.

We have basic rules about forum behavior. One of those rules stipulate that exchange of money is only allowed in the black market or white market sub forums.

We expect people to be fair, honest, and civil, but when money is involved people will operate in their own self interest sometimes to the detriment of others.

Caveat Emptor.

JR

Latest posts

Back