ChatGPT as a voice-controlled assistance system in the electronics laboratory?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Biological computers exist in the lab. Most based on slime moulds and funghi. I'm waitin for one based on an Octopus. Seriously.

The problem is that AI isn't defined. The Turing test isn't up to it. And the confusion with expert systems is rampant.

I agree with Corey that an AI truckdriver is nonsens, but the AI lawyer has been around for a while. And big pharma has been using AI to sift through possible molecules to find the ones that potentially can be developed into drugs.

Bri, I agree with you on the modern appliances. They replaced the humble mechanical humidistat on dehumidifiers with electronics and yeah, you can see it on your phone, until it breaks 25 months later. Our LG fridge got a field service mod kit for a freezing temp sensor and all has been fine since. Bosch dishwasher? No electronics, killing it for 25 years, and I do not expect the replacement to do the same.
I get 3-4 year insurance on appliances with electronics, usually 10% of purchase, whole house surge suppression at the box and locally via power strips, UPS's, depending.
Mike

Latest posts

Back