china post, tracking. what next?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Ordered something online
It was processed via pay pal and I have a tracking number
I am trying to track it and so far it seems it has left china and China post tracked it all the way to the U.S.
Wondering at what point I consider it lost or what. So far tracking seems to have it arriving in my city may 4th at a processing center. But nothing has moved on from there. Since it was a pretty big box I am wondering what steps I can take from here.

Ordered something online
It was processed via pay pal and I have a tracking number
I am trying to track it and so far it seems it has left china and China post tracked it all the way to the U.S.
Wondering at what point I consider it lost or what. So far tracking seems to have it arriving in my city may 4th at a processing center. But nothing has moved on from there. Since it was a pretty big box I am wondering what steps I can take from here.
Pucho, welcome to the life of everyone who does not live in the states. It is probably in customs, if it has tracking code it will get there sooner or later, otherwise I advice you to call USPS

I send loads of stuff to the US, mostly using national post so USPS when it gets to the USA. Since last year, packages seem to clear customs and then just disappear - sometimes for a week, sometimes for 2 - 3 weeks or occasionally even longer. Then they suddenly get a tracking update and are delivered a few days later.

I think there must be some huge backlog between customs clearance and the local post distribution centres. It's a pain, but it's the norm now.

Edit : and by loads I mean about 25 parcels since this time last year. Not Amazon loads 😄 but enough to see a pattern

April 8,

A friendly forummember send me a package from the US.
It moved within the network as planned until it got on a plane the 19th of April.

Track & Trace stoped updating, no move... nothing

These are the output transformers for my build, a nice vintage pair you don't want to see lost... and I probably can't replace them with a couple of resistors.

They'll get here... they call it customs, I don't really see a difference with ransom.

What's happened several times for me, is that packages are sent via an alternate route. Meaning a surplus could be handled by another company for part of the route.

Usually, the tracking systems are not coupled. So, you're looking at a tracking that might be correct, but it just means your package is in another system now.

Happened to me with Dutch post, sending to Belgium. I was looking on the post.nl tracking, but at the border, due to Covid, it got rerouted over DHL. The sender called postNL and was informed to call DHL. He sent me another tracking link, showing my package had already been delivered to the pickup point.

And that isn't even "arrived" in DHL's simple tracking (they have several). When you pick it up, seconds later, it's shown as "arrived". There's some logic to it, but most of the competition shows "delivered to pickup point", so It's confusing.

Sometimes, patience isn't a good thing, as packages get returned to sender after only a week. A friend had a package disappear, as there was no return address. Tracking said "returned to sender"...

Well... still waiting.
But at least my transformers are still moving... and getting closer.
But it ain't over till the fat lady sings (is that still allowed?)

June 21, 2021, 8:39 am
Departed
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM

June 20, 2021, 8:39 pm
Departed
NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
June 4, 2021, 10:38 am
Departed
CHICAGO, UNITED STATES
June 3, 2021, 3:31 pm
Arrived
CHICAGO, UNITED STATES
June 3, 2021, 9:37 am
Processed Through Regional Facility
CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
June 3, 2021, 7:35 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
June 3, 2021, 7:35 am
Arrived at Regional Facility
May 26, 2021, 10:38 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
May 26, 2021, 10:38 am
Customs Clearance
ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
April 19, 2021
In Transit to Next Facility
April 16, 2021, 9:23 am
April 15, 2021, 11:22 am
April 11, 2021, 3:37 am
April 10, 2021, 6:20 am
COPPELL TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
April 9, 2021, 10:40 pm
COPPELL TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
April 9, 2021, 12:54 pm
USPS in possession of item
DALLAS, TX 75243

Looks like they had a bit of vacation stay in Chicago. And again in New York. Did they not even send photos? What about Facebook posts letting everyone know what they had for lunch that day?

Cheeky bastards, taking liberties on your dime I say.

I once ordered an item from musiciansfriend.com it was a korg synth, at that time I was 19 y/o and I was in an other state of the Mexican republic as an exchange "student", big emphasis on the quotations, I started tracking my package, it went from the US to Europe, I thought thats odd, ok, somehow it arrived at Syria, apparently there is a place in Syria with the same name as were I used to live, they realized their mistake and sent it back to Mexico, it was a long ride but I did get it.

According to USPS my tracking number from china post was delivered to a place in Sacramento ca. However USPS could not confirm anything about the package. I am considering these parts lost to the universe and that is that.

Well,... they made it after 3 months "in transit"

View attachment 82697

Now I'll have to find 8x 1/8" unc nuts to mount them.... tried 3 local hardwarestores with no succes.
What is the part number for those? I was looking at a catalogue of similar looking transformers and they showed bolt sizes of #6-32, #8-32 or #10-32. Simple to find in Canada, but probably not in Europe.

The part nr = BOH10.

A local hardware store told me to look for 1/8" UNC nuts.
I thought I would easyly find them, but no, not so, anything from 1/4" and up is there but not smaller.

The part nr = BOH10.

A local hardware store told me to look for 1/8" UNC nuts.
I thought I would easyly find them, but no, not so, anything from 1/4" and up is there but not smaller.
You could try a hobby store that sells or repairs remote control vehicles.

Oh wow, thanks for sharing these doc's !

Great to read they have been tested for corona discharge 😀

So I should look for 6/32" unc nuts.... I'll give google a run.

Latest posts

Back