CK12 (CT12) for RODE Classic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmozart

HI,

Who makes a really good replica of the CK12?

(I know, Tim Campbell, I have two of his on my C12 clones, but he is not responding lately, maybe he is slammed with work?)

I have two excellent Rode Classic, the original ones, I want to swap the capsules, one is shot on the back, the other is OK, but I think the capsule change will improve the mic a lot!

Thank You!

Kosta

Honestly, I think you'll probably be disappointed with most of the contenders out there if you already have two CT12's

The only really good alternatives I know of are the Josephson and the MBHO/Haun versions - both slightly different to the CT12 in each of their emphasis directions, but really good nonetheless. Remember that the CK12 takes EQ better than nearly anything else..

That said, Tim is massively overworked in a non-sustainable fashion, making batches of custom OEM capsules for a handful of ungrateful mic manufacturers.

/Jakob E.

Thank You!

Yeah I realized that Tim's CT-12 are hard to beat! They sound amazing in my C-12 clones.
What about the Maiku K-12? I hear good things about them?

Kindest Regards!

Also, I can't seem to find where I can buy MBHO/Haun versions of the c-12 capsules. Any link?

Beesneez is just as cool, but he seems to be too busy as well, for quite some time now. OPR seems just as cool, but I still have yet to try. I haven’t had anything to put it in for quite a long time now, but I should just grab one while they seem easily available.

Latest posts

Back