Common usage PCBs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GussyLoveridge

GDIY Supporter
Do we have anywhere on the site, a list of common usage PCBs or is there a place to buy online?

For example we're often probably doing a lot of the same things, switching 48V, pads, polarity, line-vs-mic input, mounting common mic input transformers and common output transformers, rotary switches, etc.

I got some very nice 4 switch PCBs from Ian Thompson-Bell - I thinking about things like that.

Designing PCBs is far outside of my comfort zone currently and relying on chassis mount transformers is somewhat limiting.

We are building a three switch version right now. It will be our standard preamp input switching. Pad, phase, phantom. I am not sure what the time frame is though - maybe 3-4 weeks out. Our next meeting on the circuit and requirements is scheduled tomorrow.

We tend to overbuild things, and try to make it easily serviceable (both former touring guitar techs here - it is nice when things break, if they can be fixed without magic). The boards could be much smaller, and oriented differently... But it is what it is. At this point the boards are 2.6" square with three NKK D2 switches. Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone about that switch, I love them - gold contacts and made to handle 48V.

Latest posts

Back