Complete DIY U87 Microphone Kit by Yuzu Audio

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazer-drum

Hey guys,

Following my own experience of building DIY U87 microphones and various other pieces of gear, I've decided to offer a complete solution to help beginners get started with DIY audio without the need to scavenge for parts or read through endless forum posts in order to build a great sounding piece of gear with your own hands.

The kits will include all the necessary parts to complete the mic from A to Z with a detailed step-by-step guide, a circuit layout and a bill of materials (including parts by trusted members of this forum).

Yuzu 87 FET Mic Kit: (Out Of Stock)
Price: £600 + shipping and VAT if applicable

A44F7E8A-E6C7-4A8B-BC35-6B5C2309EF8C.JPG

Complete kit includes:
  • 1 x Microphone Body - with XLR connector
  • 1 x Shock Mount - with thread adapter
  • 1 x K87-style Capsule (Heiserman HK87)
  • 1 x BV13-style Transformer (AMI T13)
  • 3 x PCBs (Vintage Microphone PCB Kit D-87M)
  • 3 x Toggle Switches
  • All other semiconductors and passive components
Quick unboxing video to showcase the kit contents:

Kits are available to order at Yuzu Audio - Home

Use code STEREOPAIR100 during checkout for a £100 discount when purchasing 2 microphones.

Build guide, circuit layout and bill of material available for download on the kit page.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Really does look great and certainly a step up from some similar offerings! Looking forward to the traffo options as well as the 67 kit!
Will you be doing any matching and/or discounting for pairs?

Exactly the kind of kit I wish I had found when I started building mics myself as well!

No valve U47 in the foreseeable future but I’ll keep that idea in mind!

Daijoubu.
At least you went for something cool and interesting instead of the typical branding of 'Zen' so many companies use.
I'm probably going to grab one of those 87 kits when I clear some of my backlog of projects.

No doubts for the very hi quality of parts !!!

But sorry , very expensive for a diy clone ,
( got an original used stereo matched set with case , no spiders ,in excellent working shape ,for 2500 euro )
peace

I ordered one of these two days ago. I can't wait. . . ( ! )

UPDATE:
So, I ordered on Aug. 8th in the evening, and it was delivered on the 11th in the evening. That was FAST! I didn't expect that. I might not start this project 'till September because its too hot for me to even think right now, but I'll be updating you guys. I opened the package today, and everything looks wonderful!

Last edited:
I ordered one of these two days ago. I can't wait. . . ( ! )

UPDATE:
So, I ordered on Aug. 8th in the evening, and it was delivered on the 11th in the evening. That was FAST! I didn't expect that. I might not start this project 'till September because its too hot for me to even think right now, but I'll be updating you guys. I opened the package today, and everything looks wonderful!
Thanks for ordering! Hope you enjoy building the microphone!

Hazer-drum, is it possible to buy just the u87 mic shell and basket?

Unfortunately, I’m not able to exclude certain parts from the kits or sell individual parts separately I'm afraid.

Back