Console mod question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigobee

Hello everyone,

I've got a general question that pertains to a specific project I'm working on.
I'm almost done modding a ramsa wr-s4424 board, just finished replacing the op amps in all of the channels (main amp and eq), and re conditioning all of the faders. Now I'd like to replace the op amps in the group and master sections, but realizing that I don't actually know which ones I need to replace. Truth is, I really don't know what I'm doing. I followed a thread on gearslutz (mod a ramsa wr-s4416 wr-s4424 - Page 2 - Gearspace.com), and when I a/b'd the first section of channels I modded against the unmodded ones through the headphone jack I immediately noticed an improvement in the sound, much more detailed and open sounding. And that was obviously before I touched the master/group section, else I wouldn't be here...
So my question is, which op amps should I swap? And more generally, what's the idea here? I'm assuming that it's the amps that feed the actual outputs. So as is, what I'm hearing through the headphones is maybe not representative of what is going out the xlr jacks? Or it is, but then that too can be improved by swapping the master/group amps? Should I swap the headphone amp as well? Everything I come across says that the master section is the most important to improve if doing it at all, but I'm using the board for tracking thru the direct outs as well as mixing, so I figure it's all important. It's been hunky dory thus far, if a lot of work, but now I'm at a place that I don't understand and any help or explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a link to another thread on here with the schematics, probably helpful:
https://groupdiy.com/threads/ramsa-mixers-wr-s44xx.55632/
Thanks for your time!

Latest posts

Back