cool tip for combining pdf's on a mac

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

So I got sent a bunch of documents that should all be one big pdf file, instead they were 20 individual pdf's each being 1 page of a scan. anyway I don't have acrobat pro, but I was able to combine them into one big pdf file. Here is how.

Using mac os 10.6 you can print any file and instead of physically printing it, you can save it as a pdf. I opened up all the pdf's at once into preview, then selected all of them and hit print. It was going to print the 20 pages but instead I saved them as a pdf. sure enough it worked out perfectly and I now have  a pdf with all pages in it as one file.

:)

pucho812 said:
So I got sent a bunch of documents that should all be one big pdf file, instead they were 20 individual pdf's each being 1 page of a scan. anyway I don't have acrobat pro, but I was able to combine them into one big pdf file. Here is how.

Using mac os 10.6 you can print any file and instead of physically printing it, you can save it as a pdf. I opened up all the pdf's at once into preview, then selected all of them and hit print. It was going to print the 20 pages but instead I saved them as a pdf. sure enough it worked out perfectly and I now have  a pdf with all pages in it as one file.

:)

The ability to "print to PDF" has been a feature of OS X since 10.1.

But I didn't know about the trick of combining several PDF files into one like you describe!

-a

Back