Corporate tosh from Protools

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebra50

Did anyone else get a corporate mail-out from the Avid / protools CEO? Is someone playing meeting buzzword bingo or something? Sounds like it was written by a computer.

" Blah blah blah ... executive leadership change......Blah blah.... previous technology companies... complex vertical markets .... commitment to helping you win in the rapidly changing technology environment we all face..... transition of leadership and customer relationships ..... product delivery, service, or account commitments....  current and future business challenges..... strong heritage of industry leadership ....  build energy and momentum ..... Going forward ...  customer advisory board participation ... partner advisory boards ... strategic priorities.... etc.

What a load of crap! Have they no idea who uses their software?

[/rant]

We had a PT rep in the other day talking about how we needed to upgrade the systems in our "high dollar tracking rooms".  Ha!
Best,
Bruno2000

Welcome to IT speak. It is a a language managers speak in information technology when they want to say nothing but prentend that they are working hard for you to be able to ask you to pay for all that they are doing for you.

yeah, i gave up reading at 'complex vertical markets'... Twat.

Avid killed off Sibelius last summer as-well.

mrclunk said:
Avid killed off Sibelius last summer as-well.

Wow, this was news to me. I really dislike this move as I really like Sibelius, flaws and all.
However in software, keeping profit is getting harder by the day.
I'm not a very big fan of Avid or of most of it's products, but I wish all the Sibelius staff all the best, it's so sad to hear they were all fired, especially by a guy who just "resigned" from Avid....

In my experience, that kind of language is used to cover bad news.

Whenever there's good news, corporate messages are short, sweet and easy to understand.

shocked to see he omitted using "synergy" :eek:
i had the misfortune of spending a couple of minutes with a protools rep a couple of months back, sad to say i will never get those minutes back in my lifetime...what a cunt...

This would be my letter if I were boss..

"Dear musicians, engineers and producers,

Sorry for releasing buggy software in the past that makes you tremble in fear at every update. In the future we promise to fix the bugs, and not introduce new ones. We will even test the software before releasing it.

We will also support our old hardware so that it keeps some value in the future and won't contribute to the WEE  landfill mountain.

And we will make it affordable.

Cheers!

Stew-the-prez."

;)

Back