Couple quick 1176 parts questions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adoucette

Digikey offered this capacitor part substitute:

P4525-ND CAP .1UF 50V STACK METAL FILM

Instead of

P4593-ND CAP .1UF 50V POLY B SERIES

because the lead time on the Poly B series is June 5th, is this substitute ok? or will it change the sound/make the unit not work?

Also,

Is there another source for this power supply transformer?

TE62065-ND TRANSFRMR 22V 1.136A WITH WIRES

Thanks!
Andre

Andre,
the cap is best if you can use the same type (poly) and check the data sheet for size
digi key should have some other options in a .1 polyester cap

you can try avel lindberg for the transformer. do a search, you call them direct to order. you might want to pick up a half dozen or so, you'll end up using them for sure.

Ok thanks Alot, Arrigotti suggested using the TE62055-N TRANSFRMR TOROID 22V .682A as it draws enough current to power the 1176 as long as you dont use a bunch of crazy lights and is a single unit. Do you agree? Not that im doubting Arrigotti's advice, just getting another opinion before I order :)

Following Greg's parts list for the 1176, it gives 3 different price options, one showing a price "with no input tranny", does this mean the input transformer is optional or is he doing this assuming that some people may already have these input trannys stocked?

Also whats the difference between the input tranny and the Power Supply Transformer (Toroid) digikey part # TE62065-ND?

Thanks

You can forgo the input transformer if you are building a unit with an electronically balanced input. Without sounding harsh..take this a a good intentioned piece of advice: If you do not know the difference between a power transformer and an input or output transformer you may want to study up a little before building anything. While they both change voltages and current not knowing or understanding the difference could be deadly!

Cheers,
Ray

Like Ray said, the input transformer is optional. The power transformer is not . :shock:

You can skip the input transformer, but there are additional parts you have to stuff. If you're using mnats board, check out his page for a very detailed list of which parts you can skip if you're using an input transformer. I always mark them out on the top of my board with a sharpie so I don't accidentally stuff them when using an input tx.

Those two caps will not sound different in any way.
You can also use: 495-1103-ND

Latest posts

Back