COVID-19

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kambo said:
i got my first Moderno shot yesterday  ;D
damn! my left upper arm still hurts tho :(
That's so you know it wasn't a placebo...

JR

[edit- seriously my neighbor the druggist suggested dosing up with some acetaminophen, to reduce soreness. /edit]

Friend of mine in Europe had Covid-arm too after the shot plus fever for two days. It means the body is doing its job. He's a psychiatrist, drowning in work, that's why he got a jab earlier, and he is a high -testosterone balding-head guy -- speculating here but maybe the reason his body reacted more.

Any ideas as to what the "new normality" will be? I've listened to political commentators and economists saying that basically at least the next few years will be facing new strains of COVID, and continuous quarantinees, and so on, the most paranoid say this has to do with a global goverment kinda aproach, who knows? I've seen scientists giving several reasons why this is a lab virus that intentionally or unintentionally got loose, again, who knows? one reason is for sure, they don't call it the "New normality" for nothing...

"New normality" means that we should cherish life more -- both our own and that of others.

Script said:
"New normality" means that we should cherish life more -- both our own and that of others.

Or, get used to wearing a face mask, being broke and the economy going downhill

Well, time will tell. I'd expect the rising proportion of cases in the younger age groups as the proportion of older vaccinated people grows - we'll see if the absolute numbers increase. I guess we'll see in the next few months if there are surges, and whether they are caused by more contagious mutants, and being spread more and more by the unvaccinated pediatric population.
More info on the rising proportion (but not absolute numbers) of pediatric covid.

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...unt-for-22-of-new-u-s-covid-cases-why-is-that
I'm afraid there will be even more vaccine hesitancy in parents vaccinating their kids, than for adults to vaccinate themselves.. But hopefully vaccine induced and disease induced immunity together will let R fall to less than one (R<1).

I just read an article that COVID might be a vascular disease rather than respiratory.... There is a lot of speculation, there are articles claiming cognitive damage after COVID, another study says that you can die after 6 months of being cured of COVID, there is so much stuff in the ether that it is hard to discern what is true and what is not....

From what I gathered, it's a certain type of cell that is being attacked, a cell type that is in many different parts of the body, in some more than others. Hence the vast spectrum of different symptoms that baffled medical experts at the beginning.

even more vaccine hesitancy in parents
Well, the pure percentages of infections among children and adults not yet vaccinated sure also get nudged upward the higher the number of vaccinated oldies and adults. Could very well be that some people do not understand this. I for my part do not hesitate at all to have my children vaccinated as soon as possible.

On a different note:
I read that Britain is considering to deliver two drugs (dexamethasone and tocilizumab, I think, but not sure) to all households just in case. Also not sure how definite this is or whether just an idea under discussion for now -- but it might be just another smart move.

I just read an article that COVID might be a vascular disease rather than respiratory.... There is a lot of speculation, there are articles claiming cognitive damage after COVID, another study says that you can die after 6 months of being cured of COVID, there is so much stuff in the ether that it is hard to discern what is true and what is not....
From what I gathered, it's a certain type of cell that is being attacked,

I think you're referring to endothelial cells, the cells that line all the blood and lymph vessels in the body, and regulate the exchange of substances between the blood/lymph, and the body's tissue cells. Damage to this lining can have profound effects on the function of the body's organs, both short and long term. So it is not surprising that Covid-19 can be considered an endothelial disease if the virus attacks these cells.

I think you're referring to endothelial cells, the cells that line all the blood and lymph vessels in the body, and regulate the exchange of substances between the blood/lymph, and the body's tissue cells. Damage to this lining can have profound effects on the function of the body's organs, both short and long term. So it is not surprising that Covid-19 can be considered an endothelial disease if the virus attacks these cells.
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, I just saw that article headline.

Here's an interesting update from Dr John Campbell who's been an excellent source of reliable, non-sensationalist into throughout this whole thing.

The update covers firmer evidence that covid 19 was first detected in Barcelona in march 2019. This was previously reported, but seems more certain now.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration had in November authorized a 2,400 mg dose of REGEN-COV, administered as a single dose directly injected to a vein for non-hospitalized COVID-19 patients. The agency has now lowered it to 1,200 mg and allowed the administration of casirivimab and imdevimab by injecting under the skin when intravenous infusion is not possible and would lead to treatment delay, Regeneron said on Friday.
These monoclonal antibodies previously required an infusion that is more complicated/expensive to administer.

The antibody injection is still operating under emergency authorization but they will apply for full approval later this summer.

JR

These monoclonal antibodies previously required an infusion that is more complicated/expensive to administer.

The antibody injection is still operating under emergency authorization but they will apply for full approval later this summer.

JR
Some monoclonal antibody treatments are being found to be poorly effective against some of the variants, in particular single antibody treatments, but combination antibodies were effective..

Thus, many, but not all, of the antibody products with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) should retain substantial efficacy against the prevailing SARS-CoV-2 variant strains
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-021-03720-y_reference.pdf

For a simplified explanation:

https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/cov...s-effective-against-variants-in-animal-study/
So-called monoclonal antibodies mimic those generated by the body to fight off the virus that causes COVID-19. Administration of antibody therapies bypasses the body’s slower and sometimes less effective process of making its own antibodies. At the time this study began, there were two dual-antibody combination therapies and a single antibody therapy authorized by the FDA for emergency use. The FDA withdrew authorization for the single antibody therapy, bamlanivimab, in April on the grounds that it was not effective against the variants circulating at that time. In May, the FDA authorized the single antibody sotrovimab as a treatment for COVID-19.

According to hospitals in Florida, today’s COVID patients have some common factors:

• They are 98% unvaccinated.
  • About 70% are between 12 and 65 years old; 50% are between 25 and 55.
  • A majority have no pre-existing conditions.
  • They are filling COVID wards rapidly, although only between 25-30% of all ICU beds in Florida are occupied by COVID patients.
  • They are more likely to be a minority. (During the pandemic, Black Americans have been hospitalized at nearly three times the rate as white Americans.)
  • Many patients are related — husband and wife, parent and child, brother and sister.
  • Their health deteriorated faster than patients in previous coronavirus waves.
  • More of them are children.
  • They mostly are infected with the Delta strain.
  • Unless sick enough to land in the ICU, most are hospitalized for 5 to 7 days.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...orida-are-different/ar-AAMTygH?ocid=bingcovid

Krystal and Saagar: NYT, MSM Spread Egregious COVID Hysteria FOR PROFIT​

Heres another view of news coverage.

May be true, but I can't watch newscasters hysterically screaming their stories - I couldn't get more than a couple of minutes into this "the sky is falling" type presentation, whether it is falling or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back